Elk River Festival Pictures 2011

Started by Teresa, September 26, 2011, 03:39:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

I put my pictures of Elk River Festival on Facebook

Here is a public link you can use to access it..
Enjoy~~ :)

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.2436927086814.142266.1360856348&l=ca1eaa5c55&type=1

Click on the first picture to enlarge
and use the arrow feature to advance the photos..
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Janet Harrington

Elk Rover? Where was that festival held? LOL  :angel: :angel: :angel:

greatguns

Janet Harrington

Teresa

Elk Rover Elk Rover ..Throw Janet right over.. LOL LOL...
I fixed it! :P
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

W. Gray

Good photos.

Looks like a lot more parade entries this year. I especially liked the '56 and '53 (I think) Ford convertibles.

Anyone know if the horseless carriage is from Elk County or from out of town?

I wonder how long it took to get that old fire truck out of the museum and fire it up?

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

frawin

I agree Waldo, a great bunch of photoes, Teresa thanks for sharing. Waldo, my sister-in-law told Myrna who it was driving the Horseless carriage but Myrna couldn't remember. Myrna will find out and let you know. The old Howard Fire truck was all we had when I was a kid and my brother Neil was the driver in the late 40s and early 50s. I remember when the Elevator at Severy caught fire my brother took the old Howard truck and they drove it so hard to severy they blew the engine. Not long after that they bought a new Howard Fire truck from Garisons.

W. Gray

Frank,

They parked that old truck in the garage portion of the IOOF building on Randolph as I recall.

That garage was the extent of the Howard Fire Department. It was really a wonder they could save anything.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

frawin

Quote from: W. Gray on September 26, 2011, 04:45:55 PM
Frank,

They parked that old truck in the garage portion of the IOOF building on Randolph as I recall.

That garage was the extent of the Howard Fire Department. It was really a wonder they could save anything.
Waldo that garage  also had the city jail cells in it. It was on the alley.

farmgal67357

YAY PICTURES! I never did get to see you and Marshall in your fancy clothes. I still have to meet that fella! We had a really good time Saturday. It was a great excuse to get out of the house and the weather was perfect! Thanks, Howard, KS for a good time! ;D
Lisa
Lisa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk