Biden "Not Second-Guessing" China's One Child Policy

Started by kshillbillys, August 23, 2011, 02:54:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kshillbillys

The Democrat told students at Sichuan University in Chengdu, China, on Sunday: "Your policy has been one which I fully understand - I'm not second-guessing - of one child per family. So hopefully we can act in a way on a problem that's much less severe than yours, and maybe we can learn together from how we can do that," he added.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/08/22/pro-lifers-angered-biden-not-second-guessing-chinas-one-child-policy/#ixzz1Vt33MJyF

On Tuesday presidential hopeful Mitt Romney joined a growing chorus of Republican outrage at Mr Biden's comments.

"China's one-child policy is gruesome and barbaric," the former Massachusetts Governor said.

"Vice President Biden's acquiescence to such a policy should shock the conscience of every American.

"Instead of condoning the policy, Vice President Biden should have condemned it in the strongest possible terms. There can be no defense of a government that engages in compulsory sterilization and forced abortions in the name of population control."
His comments came one day after Republican House Speaker John Boehner, the number-three US elected official, said he was "deeply troubled" by Mr Biden's words and that the policy "should not be condoned by any American official."

US President Barack Obama's "administration should be focusing on jobs for the American people, not encouraging foreign governments to utilize abortion as a means of population and deficit control," said Mr Boehner.

US critics denounce the Chinese policy as enforced with forced abortions and sterilization.

Mr Boehner urged the White House to provide "a correction or clarification" to Mr Biden's comments.

This from a man who says:
Abortion, stem cell research, cloning

Joe Biden believes that the Roe v. Wade decision should remain intact. He is quoted as saying, "The best policy for our country on the question of abortion is a policy of Government neutrality. Put another way: I do not believe that the government should be involved in making judgments on whether a woman can, or should have an abortion, or – if she chooses to do so – in paying for that abortion." In September 2008, Biden was barred, by the bishop of Scranton, Pennsylvania, from receiving Holy Communion in the diocese because of his support for abortion rights.[1]

He voted in favor of a 1999 bill to ban in most circumstances partial birth abortion[2] and on the 2003 Partial-Birth Abortion Ban Act.[3] Biden has defended these votes as recently as April 2007.[4] He has also stated his opposition to federal funding of abortions.[4]
He has joined with Democrats in voting against parental notification and a ban on abortions on military bases. Biden's record on abortion includes receiving a 100% rating from NARAL Pro-Choice America in four of the last five years, although he received a 36% as recently as 2003. Biden pledged that he would appoint Supreme Court justices that share his beliefs.[4] He has also stated his opposition to the Mexico City Policy, and voted in favor of the Freedom of Access to Clinic Entrances Act in 1994. Biden supports federal funding for embryonic stem cell research and voted to expand development and voted against a 1998 ban on human cloning.

AND:

Women's Rights

"What I'm most proud of in my entire career is the Violence Against Women Act. It showed we can change people's lives, but the change is always one person at a time. There are many more laws and attitudes that need changing so women are treated with equal opportunities at work, in the classroom, and in our health care system."

Senator Joe Biden

Yes, let's run over to China and tell them, "Hey, I fully understand what you're doing here! Who cares that there have been 400 million babies murdered over here since you started this! Let's FORCE women to have abortions! There's NO violence in any of that is there?" Against Violence on Women my hiney! I think what we REALLY need is this MORON out of the White House!---Jennifer

ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

thatsMRSc2u

yeah....we're all shocked...... ::)........cause the USofA would NEVER do anything so horrible as sterilize women against their will.......... :P................look up eugenics in America.

What do you think all the genetic testing to make sure you get "the child you want" will lead to? It's all a matter of degrees as to who's the guiltiest...........

jarhead

I love Joe Biden. I used to think he was so funny on Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In. Biden is / was Dick Martin aint he ?

Warph

I agree, Jar.... Biden is a very funny man.  Look at that silly ponzi scheme that he has created by
calling southern New Jersey, Delaware.  How funny is that ???  :laugh:
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Diane Amberg

Nope, sorry, Delaware is part of PA. New Jersey is on the other side of the river. They smell bad and we don't talk to them  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk