The City of Howard, Shame!!!

Started by David, August 22, 2011, 04:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

readyaimduck

QuoteDidn't Dennis Rader measure the grass in Park City?

What has that to do with this area, other then pointing at suspcsion at someone else?  
wow

readyaimduck

ok I tried to edit, and correct my spelling by longhand...takes to long.
It is what is is!
ready to spell  And I can, just not on the fly.   sorry for the spelling policepeople
ready to correct.

srkruzich

Quote from: readyaimduck on August 29, 2011, 08:22:08 PM

If they work for the county, they should have a badge that allows them on the property with the statuate stating so...as in the appraiser...and if you gruff, they should turn away and go back to the office.
If they don't have that statuate on their badge, then ask them to leave.
Please don't shoot them Steve, it really sends a different tactical message.   lol

Actually the appraiser doesn't have the authority to enter your property unannounced. He must make an appointment at your convenience if he wishes to enter it.  OR have a warrant stating his purpose for being there and what he intends to do. 

Don't like revenuers no siree never have. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

sodbuster

While the original poster had his reasons for posting this thread;  to point out the actions of the City of Howard. I posted my responses to point out that the important thing was that a lady with MS needed her grass cut and I felt it should have been done long before the city was moved to threaten to fine her. Later there were hints that she had people living in the house that should have been able to cut the grass. While people gave David a hard time for not telling the whole story, none of the other posters that supposedly knew the whole story were able to post new facts.  What I can tell is that this person could probably use some help mowing the lawn and if what has been posted here is true ridding herself of some people taking advantage of her. My original respone was she need her lawn mowed we could get it done without much trouble. Now that it is done we can argue the reasons.

Sodbuster
David A.
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

PrehistoricRez

The city enforcement officer is a joke, What has he actually done since he bagan getting paid so many months ago.  Houses still look like crap, empty and about to fall down on randolph, and that guy on adams has more rotting lawn mowers than ever, in between the weeds, forget about even trying to use the sidewalk by his house.  If you fine one of these people, do you think they are going to pay it, just see if their name is in the paper for taxes.

srkruzich

Quote from: PrehistoricRez on September 01, 2011, 11:21:14 PM
The city enforcement officer is a joke, What has he actually done since he bagan getting paid so many months ago.  Houses still look like crap, empty and about to fall down on randolph, and that guy on adams has more rotting lawn mowers than ever, in between the weeds, forget about even trying to use the sidewalk by his house.  If you fine one of these people, do you think they are going to pay it, just see if their name is in the paper for taxes.

Is it violating anyones constitutional rights?  No?  Then its not causing anyone any problem then. Property rights trump the grass police!

PrehistoricRez

So what you are tell me is if you live on a street and have a semi burnt down house on either side that the owners dont want to clean up because of "PROPERTY RIGHTS", you will not have anything to say about it.  Or would you be at every city meeting demanding the city do something about those people cleaning up their properties.

mtcookson

Unless there its some sort of actual health risk I personally wouldn't, its their property so its none of my business.

readyaimduck

Quote from Steve:
QuoteActually the appraiser doesn't have the authority to enter your property unannounced. He must make an appointment at your convenience if he wishes to enter it.  OR have a warrant stating his purpose for being there and what he intends to do. 

Sorry Steve.  You may want to check out K.S.A 79-501
If you deny access, then that is within your right also.  A courtesy call is  made if the taxpayer wishes it.

ready

srkruzich

Quote from: PrehistoricRez on September 03, 2011, 12:12:48 AM
So what you are tell me is if you live on a street and have a semi burnt down house on either side that the owners dont want to clean up because of "PROPERTY RIGHTS", you will not have anything to say about it.  Or would you be at every city meeting demanding the city do something about those people cleaning up their properties.

NO i'd be asking the owner if i could salvage that burned house for the lumber and whatever i could use. And i would pile up the "burned that was no good so that they could haul it off or i would just burn the burned pile for them.  You know they call this neighborly help!  INSTEAD OF Threats, intimidation, violation of constitutional rights, I would get something for my troubles, and they would get something too!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk