The City of Howard, Shame!!!

Started by David, August 22, 2011, 04:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

I felt sure that there was more to that story when it was posted. I have 2 family members and some friends on the City Council and I was quite sure that they would not have let that happen. Disappointing how many of you couldn't wait to put Howard down about it. The Forum has really taken a turn for the worse with a lot of negative people .

Ross

Quote from: Wilma on August 28, 2011, 03:14:27 PM
It is nice to know that what I suspected at the beginning of this thread is true.  It just didn't seem plausible to me.  Cities or in this case, towns do seem to me dictatorial sometimes, but there is always a good reason behind it.
If hind sight were fore sight I would not have offered to mow the lawn now would I.

I did not suspect anything amiss until I spoke to someone in the know.
But yes things like this have happened in the past in other communities and I am sure it will continue to happen.
No community in imune from human error.

redcliffsw

A few weeks back, there was a city code enforcement officer at the county courthouse.  He was wearing a city shirt.
Seems like he was trying to determine the name of a property owner.  I thought it was strange that Howard would even consider such a position and even spend the funds for such.  Howard doesn't have hardly a population of 1,000 does it?  

Ross

Quote from: redcliffsw on August 28, 2011, 03:56:30 PM
A few weeks back, there was a city code enforcement officer at the county courthouse.  He was wearing a city shirt.
Seems like he was trying to determine the name of a property owner.  I thought it was strange that Howard would even consider such a position and even spend the funds for such.  Howard doesn't have hardly a population of 1,000 does it?  
Somewhere around 800 i think. It's too bad they want to act like big city folks instead of like down home neighbors.

Ross

Quote from: frawin on August 28, 2011, 03:46:36 PM
I felt sure that there was more to that story when it was posted. I have 2 family members and some friends on the City Council and I was quite sure that they would not have let that happen. Disappointing how many of you couldn't wait to put Howard down about it. The Forum has really taken a turn for the worse with a lot of negative people .
More B. S. From the Elk Konnected crowd.
What would this man's job be? Why would you need him if what you say is true?

Quote from: redcliffsw on August 28, 2011, 03:56:30 PM

What happened to all the Elk Konnected vo;unteerism to clean up the community? Is that the answer, hire a code enforcement officer to enforce ordances on properties that have a trash can out and most likely write a ticket inorder to collect a fine.

readyaimduck

QuoteIf hind sight were fore sight I would not have offered to mow the lawn now would I.

What you just quoted...in my own twisted mind, is that if "i knew what I know now...I wouldn't have mowed the lawn"
Called me a twisted sister!

Welcome to Elk County...

I don't think on this forum, we will ever know if this was an actual case of 'can't'  or it was a case of won't.

ready

readyaimduck

Quotecity code enforcement officer at the county courthouse

that person would be the person to cite the tall grass, the junk cars, etc.....then apply that bill to your property tax if you don't comply.

We have one in our county, I am sure you have one in yours.
I am just surprised that Elk County has a shirt to state their position.  (ours are usually a  policeman)

ready

Ross

Quote from: readyaimduck on August 28, 2011, 04:30:10 PM
What you just quoted...in my own twisted mind, is that if "i knew what I know now...I wouldn't have mowed the lawn"
Called me a twisted sister!

Welcome to Elk County...

I don't think on this forum, we will ever know if this was an actual case of 'can't'  or it was a case of won't.

ready
If you are talking to me?
I said I would not have offered to mow.
The mowing had actually been done already.

Diane Amberg

So is this an invalid who lives alone or not? Not looking for names,wouldn't know her anyway.

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 28, 2011, 05:22:10 PM
So is this an invalid who lives alone or not? Not looking for names,wouldn't know her anyway.
There is information most people would not share on an open forum. Nothing serious just private.
Some things are sacred.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk