The City of Howard, Shame!!!

Started by David, August 22, 2011, 04:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: srkruzich on August 22, 2011, 10:26:55 AM
This is the Elk Connected bunch.  You know community togetherness!  

Yea Steve I read all about how much they help out, ha!
They simply want more ordinances.
Except for handing out lollipops.
What a waste.
I know MS and if I lived in Howard I'd mow it for her.

The jerks only want money. My son mowed a couple of lawns in Moline this summer with out being paid for them.
And we live outside of Moline.

Where are those connected helpers when needed. Oh,, that wouldn't make the front page of the paper would it.

Patriot

Which of the EK goals is at work here....

Physical Image - Create a coordinated, six-community appreciation day to clean up our physical image

Community Standards - Establish and enforce property maintenance standards throughout the Elk Konnected community

http://www.publicsquarecommunities.com/community/elk/goals.php

And which Action Team is falling down on the job?  The Physical Image Team?

http://www.publicsquarecommunities.com/community/elk/teams.php

Either way, we see who ends up paying in the long run.
Looks like this one was Steered into the ditch.   :(

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Diane Amberg

Did anyone tell anyone that someone needed help?The crystal ball might have been out for service.

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 22, 2011, 01:58:43 PM
Did anyone tell anyone that someone needed help?The crystal ball might have been out for service.
Diane still defending the savior's of Elk County. The majority of them live in Howard.
Some probably live right next door.

I saw the same thing happen in my hometown. In the fifties the town was basically one neighborhood with a population of 10,000.
Then something happened, organizations started popping up, today there is hardly anything of a neighborhood. They act like they think they are big cities. So sorry!

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 22, 2011, 01:58:43 PM

THe point is they have no right or business to tell someone what to do with their property.  Thats over the line!  And we see first hand what happens when they do.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

I DO have to say there are a lot of Angels in howard that do help others!  And i am not going to embarress them by mentioning names but they do know who they are and whom i am talking about! 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

greatguns

Instead of giving Ek Konnect or anyone else Hell, why don't you volunteer to help someone.

mtcookson

I could curse the city of Howard for lifetime for what they've started doing lately. Already have lost a ton of money/property because of it, makes me sick to my stomach every time I think about it. Either they are going to push me past my limit and I'll do something they won't like, which is already very close to being the case, or I'll just end up leaving.

There are a ton of great people in this area but it seems like the irrational liberal disease is starting to spread around here and fast. Maybe I should just try running for a local office... :laugh:

Patriot

Quote from: greatguns on August 22, 2011, 04:35:36 PM
Instead of giving Ek Konnect or anyone else Hell, why don't you volunteer to help someone.

You say that like you know those who 'give EK hell' don't volunteer to help people.  Perhaps you would care to offer something other than conjecture and guesswork on that topic.  My guess is you've got nothing.  In any event, pushing elderly people around over something so petty (especially someone who also ill and may be on a fixed income)  is the real issue...  and one of particular disgust.  And even if it were the lawn of a 30 year old in excellent health, the sum of $75 seems onerous at best. 
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Quote from: mtcookson on August 22, 2011, 04:39:52 PM
I could curse the city of Howard for lifetime for what they've started doing lately. Already have lost a ton of money/property because of it, makes me sick to my stomach every time I think about it. Either they are going to push me past my limit and I'll do something they won't like, which is already very close to being the case, or I'll just end up leaving.

There are a ton of great people in this area but it seems like the irrational liberal disease is starting to spread around here and fast. Maybe I should just try running for a local office... :laugh:
you go mtcookson. You have my vote.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk