The City of Howard, Shame!!!

Started by David, August 22, 2011, 04:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sodbuster

Quote from: sixdogsmom on August 22, 2011, 07:34:18 PM
David, I don't think that there are any scout troops here anymore. There are however several church youth groups as well as mens groups affiliated with the churches. How about the local Howard Lions Club? I know that for a time they were cleaning yards. Bill Bishoff or Knut Shaad might be able to help. Again, Ross, PM me and I will happily donate a little money toward the cause, not out of pity but as a pay forward in this life. I may need help myself someday.

P.S, What about the FFA guys or the 4H groups?

Edie, sorry to hear that there on no Scouts.  You are right there are many more groups to help.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Ross

Quote from: sodbuster on August 22, 2011, 07:27:22 PM
As a fomer Boy Scout, I recommend to any of you working on your Eagle Scout or the parents of a potential Eagle Scout to recommend taking on these blighted properties as your Eagle Scout Service project.

David
You might post that idea on Elk Konnected's facebook and it might get read by a boyscout there.
https://www.facebook.com/erica.laforest/posts/10150300231449153?notif_t=feed_comment_reply#!/profile.php?id=1349522561

sodbuster

Quote from: Ross on August 22, 2011, 07:43:05 PM
You might post that idea on Elk Konnected's facebook and it might get read by a boyscout there.
https://www.facebook.com/erica.laforest/posts/10150300231449153?notif_t=feed_comment_reply#!/profile.php?id=1349522561

I don't use facebook. You have my permission to post it on facebook under my name.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Ross

Quote from: sodbuster on August 22, 2011, 08:06:08 PM
I don't use facebook. You have my permission to post it on facebook under my name.

David
Nope I'm sorry I reserve my FB only for my ton's of neices and nephews through great,great neices and nephews.
And there are a ton of them.

Diane Amberg

Patriot, you sir, shove it. My neighborhood cares enough about each other not to need a lecture by anyone to do the good Christian thing. Yes, we are some of the helper people here and would be there too. As I keep trying to say, there are helpers in every community but they need to know when help is needed.  Why cop an attitude with me? I was going to offer a donation also but after that snotty attitude, I'll keep my money here.

David

We have to stop bickering!  Is there some way we can build a network to help?  Most conventional ways are gone!  I know there are many who need help!  I need idea's, how can we make a differnce!  I am pleased with all of you my neighbors!  Can we put it on the internet, can we call on the churches!  There are many old, interned and weaker that needs help!  A forum of idea's! is what I ask!
A shout out to Ross!  You are a good man Sir!
Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition.

kshillbillys

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 22, 2011, 09:28:07 PM
Patriot, you sir, shove it. My neighborhood cares enough about each other not to need a lecture by anyone to do the good Christian thing. Yes, we are some of the helper people here and would be there too. As I keep trying to say, there are helpers in every community but they need to know when help is needed.  Why cop an attitude with me? I was going to offer a donation also but after that snotty attitude, I'll keep my money here.

Diane, you weren't gonna donate one damn cent to mow her yard. Your money would be more than likely donated to EK. Your liberal crystal ball couldn't see that someone needed help, right there within the community square's hometown headquarters. With so many that's involved, they didn't know? My ass! Code enforcements in a town of 800 people? Wow. Let's piss off more people where they'll move out! All you're trying to do is just show that Elk County is missing out because of a few people. You're so full of shit your ears are leaking. ---MR. KSHillbilly

P.S. Once upon a time, Wilma had complained about the johnson grass at the county yard looking horrible and I remember her and a certain county commissioner on here discussing it. That same county commissioner stated that she went down and mowed around the county yard, just to make Wilma happy. (Even though no one that works down at the county yard remembers her mowing)..Where is that District 2 County Commissioner in this? Why didn't she feel "the need" to go help by mowing this womans' yard? Not close enough to election time?

ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Patriot

I was going to offer a donation also but after that snotty attitude, I'll keep my money here.

And THAT says all anyone ever needs to know about your integrity and the depth of your charity and the conditionality of your caring.  Please keep your advice and lectures in the same place you keep your money... in Delaware.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Patriot, you sir, shove it. My neighborhood cares enough about each other not to need a lecture by anyone to do the good Christian thing. Yes, we are some of the helper people here and would be there too. As I keep trying to say, there are helpers in every community but they need to know when help is needed.  Why cop an attitude with me? I was going to offer a donation also but after that snotty attitude, I'll keep my money here.
Diane,
I go beyond the christian thing.
I do the human and neighborly thing.

Far to many people use the "christian thing" and the do for the "children thing" just to line their ego's or pockets.
Both are over used statements. The lawn has been taken care of and no donations were required.

If people would just get off their butts and out of their meetings trying to figure out what they can do to get headlines in the newspaper they would not need a wellness center to lose weight. There is plenty of exercise in helping their neighbor.

What happens if and when the economy completely collapses?? Does everyone beat feet to a meeting?
Does everyone use the "christian thing" and the do for the "children thing" just to survive when there is no dollar.

Actions speak louder than words and I am sure you could find a neighbor in need in your neighborhood if you looked.

If a person pops up at me with I"m a christian, when I first meet them, right off the bat that sends up red flags.
If a person pops up at me with it's for the children, when I first meet them, right off the bat that sends up red flags.
These are usually tools/weapons to throw the person they are talking to, off guard.

Otherwise the statement is seldom required.

Sure it sounds cynical and it's suppose to because what is bad about being for the children or being a christian, well truthfully nothing except when it is being used as a tool.
Which is often.

Remember actions speak louder than words and the good deed does not have to be front page news.

Real Satisfaction comes from the good deed and peace with your maker not from newspaper headlines.

End of sermon. Ross

Ross

Quote from: David on August 22, 2011, 10:48:55 PM
We have to stop bickering!  Is there some way we can build a network to help?  Most conventional ways are gone!  I know there are many who need help!  I need idea's, how can we make a differnce!  I am pleased with all of you my neighbors!  Can we put it on the internet, can we call on the churches!  There are many old, interned and weaker that needs help!  A forum of idea's! is what I ask!
A shout out to Ross!  You are a good man Sir!
Thanks David. but I am just an average everyday pain in the ass type of person that simply try's to enjoy life.

I try too be civil and sometimes it is very difficult to do.

I also don't like seeing people taken advantage of by small groups of people or even just anoher person.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk