water use

Started by oldfart, August 18, 2011, 07:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Humpy

Ross I will let you come to the house and fish for some bass. I cull every thing out under 1 1/2 pounds anyway. My ponds are clean .
Let me know when you get some water. Clean the ponds if you get a chance. A pond of less than 8' deep is too shallow .

jarhead

Quote from Ross:
But hey, I have you off topic so I get out of here. Sorry.

There aint nothing wrong with getting off topic, Ross. Everyone on this forum does it from time to time and some times the worst offenders cry the loudest when someone else sins. I sure don't loose no sleep over it---and I doubt you do-PLUS---you of all people should know" not to walk on a well used trail"--if you catch my drift !!!

Patriot

Quote from: jarhead on August 22, 2011, 12:04:30 PM..." not to walk on a well used trail"--if you catch my drift !!!

Hey.. what's that on your boot?  Never mind, we got no water left to clean it off with. Just scrape it with a stick, and be sure you're not relocating any beetles.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

srkruzich

Quote from: Ross on August 22, 2011, 11:35:15 AM
I had 8, 10 and 12 pound catfish in my front pond and I let kids fish it. What fun when they would hook a big one.
The kids could thake them home but adults with no kids, did fish and release.

I think I'll do cat fish in one and largemouth bass in the other. And a couple of grass carp in each and a few miscellaneous in each, and of coures minnows. The pond are small, wh=ith one being pretty deep maybe 12'.

I don't want the extension agent involved, no hand outs and none of their rules.

But hey, I have you off topic so I get out of here. Sorry.

Its not a handout.  You pay for the frye!
Just a source for them. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Ross

Quote from: srkruzich on August 22, 2011, 02:45:11 PM
Its not a handout.  You pay for the frye!
Just a source for them.  
i din't know that. Thanks a bunch.
I learn something new every day.

srkruzich

Quote from: Ross on August 22, 2011, 05:20:10 PM
i din't know that. Thanks a bunch.
I learn something new every day.
FIsh and game are responsible for stocking lakes in the state.  They usually have a fry hatchery that you can go buy fry from.  Thats why i said the extension office. They might use the state universitys for the hatching. I dont know here.  When i lived in georgia we had a hatchery 5 miles from my house in the WMA (wildlife management area) it was hidden well and they released directly from the hatchery into the river system.  Most of the locals that run the fish for trout places along the roadside, (paid by the pound) stocked them from the state hatchery.  I can't remember how much it was per pound of fry. 
They would load up tanks on a truck and drive them out to your pond and release into the pond.  2 years later you have 18" trout. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

flintauqua

The extension agent, Richard Fechter would know where to get fish, but would most likely refer you to Wildlife and Parks who operate the public fish hatcheries that exist in Kansas (to my knowledge).  We don't have very many hatcheries in Kansas, just the four that are operated by Wildlife and Parks, and maybe a dozen private ones.

I don't remember if they are Kansas based on not, but a private company used to bring their truck to Mills Feed and Supply in Moline a half-dozen or so times a year.  Dunn's was the name I believe.  Might give one of the Mills a call.  The number is 647-3294.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Ross

I have used Dunn's and had planed to ust them again.
After the draught ends.
But also do a little fishing with a man on this thread in the spring.

Dunn's Fish Farm
http://www.dunnsfishfarm.com/
Fittstown, OK

Diane Amberg

draught =beer, which should never end ;)

drought= parched, too dry...need a nice cold frosty draught! :angel:

Ross

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 27, 2011, 02:09:29 PM
draught =beer, which should never end ;)

drought= parched, too dry...need a nice cold frosty draught! :angel:
Oops my bad. Funny though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk