water use

Started by oldfart, August 18, 2011, 07:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mom70x7

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on August 20, 2011, 02:28:26 PM
      They aren't washing trucks, they are washing excavating equipment, dozers, trackhoes, loaders,etc, that are loaded with dirt from where ever they were used last and it is packed in their undercarriage.

Thanks for the clarification.  :D

oldfart

people i,m up on the hill we wash up the cement trucks all night long and the water is coming from Howard by way of a tanker truck he makes about 6 loads anight  and day maybe more .last night was slow we used around16,000 gallons give or takesome one  said water shed nort of Howad lake has been open up the run more in it said it music water shed was getting real low plus we have sprinkier systemthat waters the rock ALL NIGHT LONG no telling how much there lot of water coming out of our lake .WEstill have80+ of these to do

srkruzich

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on August 20, 2011, 02:28:26 PM
      They aren't washing trucks, they are washing excavating equipment, dozers, trackhoes, loaders,etc, that are loaded with dirt from where ever they were used last and it is packed in their undercarriage. Again, I ask, why isn't it cleaned when they load it for transport?

The beetle is only one of many of the environmental concerns. The #1 concern in this project was the prairie chicken. I don't think any of you want to see our flora and fauna disrupted by construction . What brought down the aliens in "War of the Worlds" ? The common cold. Not so far fetched an idea in these times. What's killing the honeybees? Smaller organisims and bacteria. One thing that our  kids  have chosen to study that has shown results, and raised some red flags.

Actually the only bacteria that affects honey bees are American foulbrood and European foulbrood. They are caused by Paenibacillus larvae. 

MOST of the problems with bees are caused by waxmoths, tracheal and varroa mites.  You get nosema when  a long winter happens and they can't clean their waste out, and the rest of the problems have to do with mostly airborn viral.  They don't know what causes ccd.  Since waxmoths are everywhere, thats a common problme but they can handle the wax moths if they are strong. They oonly get overcome if and only if they are queenless or their brood is insufficient in numbers to kill the moth and remove larvae and eggs.

The mites are a matter of breeding.   If you breed weak bees suceptible to mites you end up with mite problems.  IF you breed them with the resistance then you don't have a problem.  I rarely have a mite problem.  AND if i do, i just use powder sugar on them and mites are gone.  Trachael mites you use grease patties and mint.  That kills them.  but like i said i don't have that problem. IN FACT i never treat for  mites as a general rule.  The hive just dies and takes that genetic out of the gene pool. 

I raise ferels as well as carnolians and cordovans.  I am going to be getting russian next year.  The russian tend to winter better than the others.  Plus they are claimed to be just as gentle as the cordovans or ferels.  I plan on breeding some of the ferels to the russian and see if i can get the mite resistance improved.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Hefe de vaca

The batch plant sure was dark last night, all night, to be operating .  ::) The only potable water being used is what goes into the concrete mix. The rest comes from Perkins watersheds.

If you are concerned about Enel using up our water, why are you working for them?

srkruzich

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on August 21, 2011, 10:16:50 AM
    The batch plant sure was dark last night, all night, to be operating .  ::) The only potable water being used is what goes into the concrete mix. The rest comes from Perkins watersheds.

If you are concerned about Enel using up our water, why are you working for them?

He does have a point.   If they are using water supply up, then they need to shut down til they fill back up.  County residents come before enel!

Ross

Quote from: srkruzich on August 21, 2011, 03:40:45 PM
He does have a point.   If they are using water supply up, then they need to shut down til they fill back up.  County residents come before enel!
Wanna bet. Ever heard money talks and B.S. walks?

srkruzich

Quote from: Ross on August 21, 2011, 03:49:40 PM
Wanna bet. Ever heard money talks and B.S. walks?

True but if the water starts getting shut off except for a couple hours a day, so a windfarm can go in, the bullet talks far louder than the $.  Water has prompted a war faster in areas than any other event.

Hefe de vaca

Water will be more expensive than oil in the not so distant future.

Pray for rain.

srkruzich

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on August 21, 2011, 06:56:44 PM

Pray for rain.
Possibly. 

thatsMRSc2u

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on August 21, 2011, 06:56:44 PM

Pray for rain.
Quote from: srkruzich on August 21, 2011, 07:39:20 PM
Possibly. 

possiblys ass..........TRUE

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk