water use

Started by oldfart, August 18, 2011, 07:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldfart

Saw in the paper that Howard is a stage 1 use. We are to conserve usage, so who will get cut off first... the people or the wind farm. They use 10,000 gal. of water per base not counting truck clean up
.Plus all the little jobs out there have a little over 80 more to do  The paper was wrong. No blades there but some tower base did come in.

Patriot

I thought wind farms were about environmentally friendly conservation oriented operations.  I guess production schedules and money take precedence.   ???

Drought?  What drought.

Good observations, oldfart.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Lookatmeknow!!

Oldfart, I was told that they are getting some of the water from private land, pumping it out or something. Not sure that is just what I heard.
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

srkruzich

I know in most municipalities that they exempt businesses from it.  When i ran my greenhouse it was exempt from drought restrictions but it really didn't matter since at the time i was on a well.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Teresa

They stop at Harrods and HAVE TO have all their trucks and equipment washed off..  Then again as they leave town..
Why you might ask?
Well.. so as not to  "bring in any outside dirt to the location" . ::)

I am absolutely incredulously disgusted over this  STUPID STUPID regulation.
What a total bunch of horse shit!

All of it kinda smells like that too.....
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

srkruzich

Quote from: Teresa on August 19, 2011, 09:46:11 PM
They stop at Harrods and HAVE TO have all their trucks and equipment washed off..  Then again as they leave town..
Why you might ask?
Well.. so as not to  "bring in any outside dirt to the location" . ::)

I am absolutely incredulously disgusted over this  STUPID STUPID regulation.
What a total bunch of horse shit!

All of it kinda smells like that too.....

HUH!?  What the *  what about all that dirt between harods and the location!  what is the dirt gonna do?  if this is then they should be reclaiming the water used and filtering it for that purpose!

Roma Jean Turner

Is Harrod's that station on 400 up by Severy?  This really does sound like something suspect.

Teresa

No.. Harrods is the tow  and welding shop across from the West park here in Howard.  They aren't in the wrong. They're just performing a service.. It isn't their doing. It is OSHA.. The dirt in Howard is ok.. but the dirt coming IN to Howard is somehow NOT ok... And... they don't want any dirt FROM Howard to go outside of Howard...........
* what the hell ever!!!* ::)

I could fill you in on a few other regulations ( one being a certain kind of beetle bug that they are afraid that they are going to "run over" ... so NO trucks can get off the road at all...
Its get better.... There are things that I swear Mason (age 4) could decipher between stupidity and .........well ...stupidity.

hahaha~~ my god~ to keep yourself from going crazy or postal.. you have to laugh at the idiots that make up these regulations and then stand back and marvel at the ones that actually okay them!
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

srkruzich

Quote from: Teresa on August 20, 2011, 07:30:00 AM
No.. Harrods is the tow  and welding shop across from the West park here in Howard.  They aren't in the wrong. They're just performing a service.. It isn't their doing. It is OSHA.. The dirt in Howard is ok.. but the dirt coming IN to Howard is somehow NOT ok... And... they don't want any dirt FROM Howard to go outside of Howard...........
* what the hell ever!!!* ::)

I could fill you in on a few other regulations ( one being a certain kind of beetle bug that they are afraid that they are going to "run over" ... so NO trucks can get off the road at all...
Its get better.... There are things that I swear Mason (age 4) could decipher between stupidity and .........well ...stupidity.

hahaha~~ my god~ to keep yourself from going crazy or postal.. you have to laugh at the idiots that make up these regulations and then stand back and marvel at the ones that actually okay them!
wonder what they would do if we went out with a can of raid

Hefe de vaca

Not OSHA. It's the EPA and various other environmental groups . They are looking to protect the species that are native to the area, and part of doing that is to not introduce outside bacteria, predators, what have you. The part that doesn't make sense is, why not wash it off where they picked it up? Who is protecting Harrod's from being over run with evironmental disaster?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk