Where were you when Elvis died?

Started by Warph, August 16, 2011, 10:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: Warph on August 25, 2011, 09:01:49 PM
Man, you're just a pup..... think of all the crazy Shenanigans you missed in the sixties in CA. ....like the hippie revolution.  How the hippies stood for peace, free love, and nonmaterialism... casual sex, acid rock, free booze, dress like a pig, hair down to your ass, the San Francisco Sound... miles davis, the "monk," dizzy gillespie, brubeck, etc.... Allen Ginsberg on his soap-box spouting about the moral decay of his generation.  Ah those were the days.... wish I could have seen it.

while i may have been into acid rock i was and am still into blues.   Robert Johnson, bbking, cab calloway, Ella (boy can that woman sing!)
Blind willie, t-bone walker, johnny williams.  Loved to pick it on my ole strat too.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Janet Harrington

I wish I could tell you where I was when Elvis, but I can't. I remember it very well. I bawled and bawled. I was about 19 or 20 years old. I loved Elvis. Still love Elvis. Not fanatic about him, though.

Jim and I have a great-nephew who has Down's Syndrome and he LOVES Elvis. Absolutely just Loves him. That makes being an Elvis fan enjoyable for me because of Caleb.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk