*WORLDS LARGEST ARMY (THINK ABOUT IT)*

Started by Teresa, August 15, 2011, 10:56:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sodbuster

I was trying to find statistics on how big this army is. (I know don't end your sentence in a preposition). The best info I have found so far was from 2001 in an ATF estimate. Approx. 225 million guns in the US. Approx 84 million people own guns in 2001. As far as trying to figure out what that translates to 10 years later;  best estimates I could find say that the percentage of people that own guns is between 45%-50% of the population. This percentage has been a constant for many years.That seems to indicate the number is 125 million to 150 million. Since many gun owners prefer not to say if they own guns or not the numbers are probabely low. I may or may not be a member of the "army". :laugh: But I do support the army.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

readyaimduck

Let's take into consideration:  50% of Elk Co has 1-3+ firearms, and with that most are vets and know how to use them, or as so well put..hunting from the age of 10 with safety first.

Then multiply that by 103 counties in kansas and that would be alot!
Now, if we are talking about a Cartel coming to Moline...I think that first, they would have flat tires, then they would have Jarhead asking them how do they like this area (summing up, that they are not from here...)  get my drift? 
It will work.

However, if the other countries come overhead and land and then   blow fire....my shot gun won't help me unless they are close range and only 5.

See the difference?  Unless someone is hoarding some missles, then we are nothing but the movie:  "Friendly Persuasion"...my favorite.

By the way, I agree with the post!  We DO take care of our own!

ready and loaded  (hic)

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 15, 2011, 11:18:46 AM
Pardon my ignorance and you know I'm not for gun control, but when has it ever been suggested that the typical hunting rifle be banned?  It would never pass. I must have missed something.

clinton tried it, obamas trying to ban it.  THey call them assault weapons.  ANY SEMI AUTOMATIC can be classified under their definition of assault weapon. 

Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

sodbuster

Quote from: readyaimduck on August 15, 2011, 06:40:19 PM
Let's take into consideration:  50% of Elk Co has 1-3+ firearms, and with that most are vets and know how to use them, or as so well put..hunting from the age of 10 with safety first.

Then multiply that by 103 counties in kansas and that would be alot!Now, if we are talking about a Cartel coming to Moline...I think that first, they would have flat tires, then they would have Jarhead asking them how do they like this area (summing up, that they are not from here...)  get my drift? 
It will work.

However, if the other countries come overhead and land and then   blow fire....my shot gun won't help me unless they are close range and only 5.

See the difference?  Unless someone is hoarding some missles, then we are nothing but the movie:  "Friendly Persuasion"...my favorite.

By the way, I agree with the post!  We DO take care of our own!

ready and loaded  (hic)

I think Kansas has 105 counties total.  I know it's being picky, but it will add to ready's calculation of how big the Kansas army is. ;)
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

srkruzich

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 15, 2011, 11:44:35 AM
I totally understand that. I was referring to your last line that's all. I can't imagine hunting weapons ever successfully being banned or even successfully controlled except perhaps for state requirements for education on use and safety.

Damn that, the state has no right to do that. They can shove any regulation they might impose. What part of shall not be infringed on is hard to understand
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

readyaimduck

jarhead

Uh Ready, I feel like I might be getting set up here but I thought Kansas had 105  counties :)

readyaimduck

crap...you are correct...my apologies.
ready

readyaimduck

hell, I am two marbles short of a chineese checkers game, but that never stopped me from playing    ;D

readyaimduck

and for that, I am taking my 22 marbles and going to bed
lol ready

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk