Happy Birthday, Larry!

Started by Mom70x7, August 12, 2011, 12:29:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bonnie M.

Happy Birthday, Larry, from one who is in the same time zone as you!

Hope your day was especially nice.

We're lovin' the weather, aren't you?

My best to you.
Bonnie

Roma Jean Turner

larryJ

Thanks everybody!  All the best or most of the best wishes came from my forum family.

Jarhead, was that Elvis or maybe it was m--m--m-mm--mmm-Mel Tillis, ooops sorry Dee Gee, Thanks for the song.

Bonnie, loving the weather and will be loving it even more next week in your neck of the woods.  We will be in Oceanside for a week.  Sitting on the sand, soaking up some vitamin D, examining all the latest beachwear, dozing to the sound of crashing waves, sipping something cold (ice tea probably) and listening to some groovy sounds.........................sorry, got carried away there.

I spent the day running around trying to get some things done before we take off for a week.  Still have more to do in the morning before we leave.  The day ended with a birthday party for my now 3-year-old granddaughter who received a ton of new school clothes as she will be starting preschool and a few toys.  Mexican food for dinner and ice cream for dessert.  The kids had a pinata to swing at and nobody could break it so they had to pull the string to let all the candy out.  Many were there to help celebrate her birthday.......

oh yeah, happy birthday to you, too, Larry, Dad, Sweetheart............

I knew on the day she was born that my birthday would be put on the back burner and that is okay.  I have had enough birthday parties and she deserves all the attention.  I did get birthday messages from my son and his wife while they are in Nepal and of course my daughter who gave the party complete with gluten free corn tortillas and gluten free carne asada.  There were many on Facebook who said happy birthday and strangely enough a couple from people I don't know, or at least I don't think I do.  I will have to look into that.

Anywho, thanks again, your good wishes mean a lot.  I could hardly wait to get home tonight and check the forum!

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Warph

I know, I know... I'm a couple of days late and a dollar short but, Happy Birthday, Larry.  Do you remember your 21st birthday, buddy?  I think it's time we tell the folks how that went, don't you?  True Story.

Well folks, the day that LarryJ had been waiting for had finally come: his 21st birthday.  After all those years of anticipation, Larry was able to register to vote, buy alcohol for minors and get drunk, legally.  Remember Larry, you were going to "live blog" your day of drunken revelry so all your friends could all experience it with you, but it didn't work out so well did it, buddy?  There was no internet around at that time but they had just discovered the Telegraph.  Was that what you had in mind?  But getting back to your 21st B-day, I recall you telling me:

12 a.m. - You went to Billy Bob's bar.

12:10 a.m. - The first sip of alcohol touches your virginal lips.

12:12 a.m. - You become SO FREAKIN'  WASTEDDDDD and you fall off your stool crying for your mommy and you need to go home.

12:20 a.m. - You pull yourself up and call the local College Office of Health Education's "Wellness Wagon" for a ride.

12:24 a.m. - "Wellness Wagon! Wellness Wago! Weeeness Way-gooo-in!" you scream into Billy Bob's phone.

12:25 a.m. - "Come pick me up at Billy Boobs!!!" you screamed.

12:26 a.m. - "How did you get my home phone number?  You woke me up, fool!" Kortney Body inquires.

12:26 a.m. - "I'm sorry, Ms. Body." you say.

07:00 a.m. - You wake up naked and covered in vomit on the front steps of the Dreaming Goddess, Ms. Bodys'.  You  smelled like incense and dragon's blood.

07:01 a.m. - You notice a pentagram has been branded onto your forehead.

07:02 a.m. - You feel that someone has taken your soul, but you can't be sure.

07:03 a.m. - "Not again!" you shout.

Ah.... what a birthday that was... right, Buddy?

Given your relatively consistent record of terrible birthdays, Larry... I don't know why you thought this one would be any better.  Remember your original "B-Day" was ruined because first of all, you were born.  And then God decided that He'd give you jaundice.  I think we can all agree that no one wants to spend their birthday in an incubator looking like their face is covered in urine stains.

Which brings me to your sixth birthday party, when you learned that spending a birthday in the ball pit at the original Chuck-e-Cheese with your face actually covered in urine isn't very much fun either. How a five-year-old girl from another party held your head under the ball pit until you nearly suffocated.... remember that?  No one could hear you screaming.

But perhaps the lowest point of all was your eighth birthday when your parents, mistaking you for an orphaned child laborer from 1923, decided to throw your birthday party at the Dirty Bucket Coal Mine Tour.  Needless to say, attendance at that party was pretty scant, and your friends that did come ended up dying of black lung before third grade.  But hey... you really can't blame your parents though.  How could they have known that you wouldn't want to spend your birthday immersed in the unrelenting squalor of turn-of-the-century industrialization?  You told me that you will always remember it as the birthday that you got a certificate declaring yourself an official coal miner, a real piece of coal, a newfound fascination with the history of American labor and an unquenchable fetish for dirty women wearing hardhats and headlamps..... (just kidding)

I guess it's time that I get to the point, cut to the chase, if you will.  You all... Larry's friends, family, acquaintances, Jarhead and Sarge, members of the forum... have the power to make this the best birthday EVER for LarryJ.  How?  Buy Larry presents! (Don't pretend you don't have enough money; I know at least one of you... Teresa... has approx. $1.98 million lying around somewhere.)  So here's LarryJ's official WISH list. (Note: Larry's also registered at Pottery Barn, JCPenney. Home Depot and Taco Bell.)

1. A donation in his name to the Christian Children's Fund (Just 80 cents a day!)

2. Tickets to the Winter Olympics U.S. men's figure skating team

3. 1,000 happy birthday Facebook notifications

4. Two iPads

And I guess that's about it.... talk about a guy that's easy easy to shop for!   Don't disappoint him, friends.  So let me say Again, "Happy Birthday, LarryJ and Many, many more!"

....Warph

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

larryJ

Ah, Warph, you pretty much nailed it.  Probably from your own personal experience.  I do have memories of my 21st, mostly bad and I don't want to go into it.  Suffice to say, I went out and bought some booze for a party that didn't happen.  My friends car broke down a few miles east  of town and I spent the night getting them back and then getting back to the car to fix it.  Party canceled.

But, Thanks again.  It's much appreciated.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

sodbuster

Quote from: Dee Gee on August 12, 2011, 12:47:34 PM
Happy Birthday to you! ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Happy Birthday to you!♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪ Happy Birthday Dear Larry J.!!!!!!!!
♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪Happy Birthday to you! ♥ ♥ ♥♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪...
Have a fabulous day!!!! ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

☻/ღ˚ •。* ˚ ˚✰˚ ˛★* 。 ღ˛° 。* ° ˚ • ★ *˚ .ღ 。
/▌*˛˚ღ •˚ ˚... Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!!!!!!​..... ˚ ✰* ★
/ \ ˚. ★ *˛ ˚ ✰。˚ ˚ღ。* ˛˚ 。✰˚* ˚ ★ღ ˚ 。✰ •* ˚
Happy Birthday to you! ♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
Happy Birthday to you!♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪

Dee Gee You said it best so I quoted you. Larry, I am so sorry I missed your birthday. Happy late Birthday Larry.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

thatsMRSc2u

Sorry I missed this Larry...Happy Belated Birthday! Wishes for many more :)

sixdogsmom

:-[ :-[ Me too, Happy Birthday Late! Hope that you are having a fabulous time at the beach!
Edie

Hefe de vaca

Happy Birthday Corpsman, from the brother of a fellow doc.

jarhead

quote fro jefe de vaca:
Happy Birthday Corpsman

Calm down Larry. Some people don't realize that Corpsmen are Navy docs and you were an Army MEDIC. I don't think it was said to get you all riled up ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk