Tea partiers like 'terrorists'

Started by Patriot, August 01, 2011, 05:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerry wagner

Quote from: Patriot on August 02, 2011, 03:45:35 PM

You use judgmental (correct spelling, teach) like it's a bad thing.  Those who stand for nothing will fall for anything.  If one stands for something, then they can not avoid making judgments.  Show me anyone who operates otherwise, if you can, and I'll judge them as non-functioning.

How can you judge Red as judgmental... without judging?  Please explain.

Actually she wouldn't be judging Red, she would be observing Red.  If Red were making judgments then those are actions that Red is making and thus we are able to observe them.

Patriot

Quote from: jerry wagner on August 02, 2011, 03:50:11 PM
Actually she wouldn't be judging Red, she would be observing Red.  If Red were making judgments then those are actions that Red is making and thus we are able to observe them.

judgmental
judg·men·tal [juhj-men-tl] adjective

1.  involving the use or exercise of judgment.
2.  tending to make moral judgments
3.  of or denoting an attitude in which judgments about other people's conduct are made

Her 'observations' resulted in the judgment that he's judgmental (moral assessment).  An observation would have said 'red did this or that'.  The statement, "As judgmental as you are..."  is nothing if not a judgment that labels red's nature.  Nice try, play again soon.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Anmar

God judges, the rest of us just have opinions.
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Catwoman

I think God must have one helluva sense of humor...Otherwise, She'd wipe this Earth clean and start over...

jarhead

SHE ? I thought God made MAN in HIS own image-but I think that's a poke-poke from you isn't it ? ;D

Patriot

Quote from: Anmar on August 02, 2011, 04:44:17 PM
God judges, the rest of us just have opinions.

If you would like the biblical references showing that you're mistaken, I'll gladly oblige.

Patriot

Quote from: Catwoman on August 02, 2011, 04:48:41 PM
I think God must have one helluva sense of humor...Otherwise, She'd wipe this Earth clean and start over...

But, but, but I thought you said you were Catholic.  My mistake.

Diane Amberg

I fixed my spelling error patriot :o. Not sure what happened, but it was a good catch on your part. ;D
Yes, being judgmental can be a very bad thing when one is on the receiving end of untrue and incorrect criticism based on lies and deceit. Having an opposing opinion is one thing, but labeling someone a "commie" is slander, not opinion. How would you like it?  Looks like I've got to get off this thread now too or I'll deeply regret what I was about to say. GRRRR.

Patriot

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 02, 2011, 04:58:17 PM
I fixed my spelling error patriot :o. Not sure what happened, but it was a good catch on your part. ;D
Yes, being judgmental can be a very bad thing when one is on the receiving end of untrue and incorrect criticism based on lies and deceit. Having an opposing opinion is one thing, but labeling someone a "commie" is slander, not opinion. How would you like it?  

Hell, Diane, I was recently referred to as the antichrist by one of the do-gooders on here.  Guess what.  I survived and never whined about it.

Quote from: Diane Amberg on August 02, 2011, 04:58:17 PM
Looks like I've got to get off this thread now too or I'll deeply regret what I was about to say. GRRRR.

Jeeze... grow a set and get it off your ches mind.

Diane Amberg

My chest is just fine, thank you, and would look very strange if I "grew a set" there. Besides, you ARE the anti Christ aren't you? Can't whine about the truth. ;) poke ,poke( just kidding of course.)snort,HaHaHaHa!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk