Look what the wind blew in...

Started by Patriot, July 28, 2011, 08:21:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PrehistoricRez

Have there been any arrests yet in this case?

Patriot

Quote from: PrehistoricRez on September 01, 2011, 11:49:00 PM
Have there been any arrests yet in this case?

Nope, and there likely won't be.  The culprits were never identified as I understand it.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

PrehistoricRez

Does that mean its someone of influence in this society and because they have a "name" they get a pass.  Im sure someone came back looking for their stuff, why wasnt the area watched after the fact?

Wilma

Our sheriff's department does not have the resources to do a 24/7 watch.  If you are familiar with the area you can see that there are no good places for a stakeout.  Any parked vehicle out there would be suspicious at any time of the day or night.  As to a camera, that would also be hard to camouflage and expensive.  I don't know for sure but I don't think there is anything left out there for anyone to go pick up.

jarhead

Quote from Wilma :
As to a camera, that would also be hard to camouflage and expensive.

Nope Wilma. trail cams are easy to hide and fairly cheap. The Game Wardens have been known to use them with success.
I KNOW THAT FOR A FACT !!!!!! :(

Patriot

Quote from: jarhead on September 03, 2011, 08:55:43 AM
Nope Wilma. trail cams are easy to hide and fairly cheap. The Game Wardens have been known to use them with success.
I KNOW THAT FOR A FACT !!!!!! :(

I can verify that... Jar must have hundreds of pictures of feral cats poopin and scoopin in his bean patch!  LOL

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on September 03, 2011, 07:51:00 AM
  As to a camera, that would also be hard to camouflage and expensive.  I don't know for sure but I don't think there is anything left out there for anyone to go pick up.

Poppycock.  for 35.99 i can setup wireless camera to videotape the entire area.  Its good for 300 yards to a laptop. Just hook it up to 4 car batteries wired in series and you get a weeks worth of video! 

Sheesh that would be a good use of TAXPAYER FUNDS!  Hey i'll tell yall what. IF YOU GUYS WANT a good surveillance system for just this use, i'll build yall one, and include a service agreement, as well as train someone to set it up OR i can set it up where ever they wish it to be set up for a small fee. 
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Wilma

This raises another question?  Isn't it illegal to set up a surveillance camera on someone else's property?  Of course, it wouldn't be hard to get a warrant to do this and how do we know that it hasn't been done?  Just because no one has been caught doesn't mean that the case has just been let go.  After all, as Janet used to tell me,  "That is sheriff business, Momma," and it is a current investigation which means that it isn't talked about.

If it were my operation I wouldn't be going back to see what I could salvage.  I wouldn't leave anything of value there anyway.

jerry wagner

Quote from: Wilma on September 03, 2011, 10:36:09 AM
This raises another question?  Isn't it illegal to set up a surveillance camera on someone else's property?  Of course, it wouldn't be hard to get a warrant to do this and how do we know that it hasn't been done?  Just because no one has been caught doesn't mean that the case has just been let go.  After all, as Janet used to tell me,  "That is sheriff business, Momma," and it is a current investigation which means that it isn't talked about.

If it were my operation I wouldn't be going back to see what I could salvage.  I wouldn't leave anything of value there anyway.

Set it up on County property adjacent to the property.  Warrant not necessary for that as it would videotape what is in plain sight.

jarhead

And where would they know  to point the camera ? What if the growers are accessing the "garden" from the back 40 ?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk