Would a tax break lure you to rural Kansas?

Started by sodbuster, July 25, 2011, 01:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Judy, if your 69 then you've done your dues LOL. ;)  Why don't ya just go on full retirement.  Shrug.  I knowwhat your talking about though i went through that same thing til i just dropped.  :)
Unfortunately dont' expect to live on what you get anymore, obama has seen to that!  Part of his "budget" cuts is our colas.  Gotta love boener for walking away when he did.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Judy Harder

Steve I have been on SSI since I was about 55.........maybe before....and when I got to 62 I got on my ex's Social Security. and then when I hit 65 we got me full social security with enough SSI to cover or help with medicine cost. IF IF IF,
I did not have the help, I would have to choose between pain and starvation.............and then having enough to buy toilet paper......heck can't find catalogs that are flushable any more.......LOL I feel real bad for the people who have to do this.
My health is mainly pain/and crippleness. neither is beyond what I can handle YET. but the meds help me with the pain level and when I am having a bad day with fibromyalgia.........or "Brain Fog!" I have trouble reading simple instructions....let alone dealing with  important issues and or math issues.

Now, I am not complaining.........I can get grumpy and when I am hurting, I am usually quiet and popping pills like heck. Praise the Lord, we have found the right combination of pills to make this more seasonal than all the time. I have trouble, big trouble when the seasons change and change and change again..........all in the same day and altho I enjoy the heat of summer.......had enough this year.........and wouldn't mind some cooling. A/C's do a number..........ok, enough. I need to hit my column this morning and then find something else to do.
I had my walk this morning and will need to go get mail for me and Irene.
So play nicely people and God be with yu.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Wilma

Steve, our "cola"s depend on the cost of living according to law.  Neither the president nor any other individual has anything to do with it.  This has been explained every year on this forum.  Don't you pay attention or is your memory board deteriorating?

Why did I move to Howard?  For one reason, Howard is home.  I don't care if the job opportunities are zilch.  But I can't see any reason for a young family to move here just for a break on their state income tax.  We do have a very good school.  Our merchants are fantastic.  There is everything a person could need right here in Elk County, except a good job.  

We lived in Severy for twenty-five years while the family was growing up.  My husband drove to Wichita every day to work.  He car pooled most of the time.  But when the children were on their own, we moved to Sedgwick County where I could have a good paying job, too, without the hassle of riding 130 miles every day.  Instead, I had the hassle of driving to downtown Wichita every day.  We lived on a secluded street in the county, not inside any city limits.  That is the only way we could have stayed the 26 years that I lived there.  Jim died in 2004 before we could get moved back to Elk County.  With him gone, and my physical condition, I could not live in the country like I wanted to.  Actually, my choice for a location for a home for myself would be on top of Eagle Head.  Perfect.  Or it was back then.

srkruzich

Quote from: Judy Harder on July 26, 2011, 07:46:46 AM
Steve I have been on SSI since I was about 55.........maybe before....and when I got to 62 I got on my ex's Social Security. and then when I hit 65 we got me full social security with enough SSI to cover or help with medicine cost. IF IF IF,
I did not have the help, I would have to choose between pain and starvation.............and then having enough to buy toilet paper......heck can't find catalogs that are flushable any more.......LOL I feel real bad for the people who have to do this.
My health is mainly pain/and crippleness. neither is beyond what I can handle YET. but the meds help me with the pain level and when I am having a bad day with fibromyalgia.........or "Brain Fog!" I have trouble reading simple instructions....let alone dealing with  important issues and or math issues.
Oh lord i know what your sayin!  I get the angina when i overdo it.  I get out there and go until it starts hurting then set down and then get back up and go again til it starts hurting again. 

QuoteNow, I am not complaining.........I can get grumpy and when I am hurting, I am usually quiet and popping pills like heck. Praise the Lord, we have found the right combination of pills to make this more seasonal than all the time. I have trouble, big trouble when the seasons change and change and change again..........all in the same day and altho I enjoy the heat of summer.......had enough this year.........and wouldn't mind some cooling. A/C's do a number..........ok, enough. I need to hit my column this morning and then find something else to do.
I had my walk this morning and will need to go get mail for me and Irene.
So play nicely people and God be with yu.

I fiind that winter is my nemesis now.  I started having major problems with my shoulders this last winter, went and took all kinds of tests and they said nothing could be done. I have RA in my shoulders.   Such is life. Just another obsticle for me to climb over.

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on July 26, 2011, 07:58:09 AM
Steve, our "cola"s depend on the cost of living according to law.  Neither the president nor any other individual has anything to do with it.  This has been explained every year on this forum.  Don't you pay attention or is your memory board deteriorating?
You haven't been paying attention wilma.  OBAMA's denied us colas since he took office. YOU CANNOT TELL ME That inflation hasn't gone up.  Secondly SS colas are listed in the list of the cuts the dems are proposing as a revenue raiser.  Yeah they can take them away. 

I know what ya mean on moving to where the jobs are.  This area has a serious lack of employment.   What a shame too.  I'm working on that though, but it takes time!

Wilma

Obama has not denied us COLAs.  The law states that cost of living adjustment be made according to the cost of living at a certain date.  On that date, for the past two years, there has been no cost of living showing.  Thus, no cost of living of living adjustment for social security recipients.  As long as there is no cost of living showing on that date as compared to that date a year ago, there will be no COLA.

Stop with the blaming someone that had nothing to do with what was written into the law a long time ago.  In fact, stop with the blaming until YOU can come up with a workable solution.

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on July 26, 2011, 08:14:39 AM
Obama has not denied us COLAs.  The law states that cost of living adjustment be made according to the cost of living at a certain date.  On that date, for the past two years, there has been no cost of living showing.  Thus, no cost of living of living adjustment for social security recipients.  As long as there is no cost of living showing on that date as compared to that date a year ago, there will be no COLA.
AGAIN wilma you haven't been paying attention!  They changed the cola requirements twice now.  They do not count any energy or food anymore.  THey also removed something else from the formula which prevented the figures from showing a increase in inflation.  Obama imposed tax cuts on us the first day he took office!  THEN on top of that he raised our premiums for medicare and that is going up to over 200 a month in 2014. 

QuoteStop with the blaming someone that had nothing to do with what was written into the law a long time ago.  In fact, stop with the blaming until YOU can come up with a workable solution.
THE WORKABLE SOLUTION is to toss his ass and 90% of congress out on the street and make him unemployed! 

Wilma

Let's start with the Congress.  Obama cannot do anything without their vote and they don't seem inclined to go along with him, do they?  No, Obama is not denying us our cola increases.  The cost of living as it shows on that certain day denies our cola.

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on July 26, 2011, 10:03:42 AM
Let's start with the Congress.  Obama cannot do anything without their vote and they don't seem inclined to go along with him, do they?  No, Obama is not denying us our cola increases.  The cost of living as it shows on that certain day denies our cola.

Actually toss obama first. he's supposed to be leading and hasn't even started yet!

Wilma

You can't lead a flock that won't follow.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk