Would a tax break lure you to rural Kansas?

Started by sodbuster, July 25, 2011, 01:35:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on July 26, 2011, 02:24:15 PM
You can't lead a flock that won't follow.

yeah but you can lead them with a goat. just look at the last presidential election!
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Hefe de vaca

The congress controls what goes on , the current president was a lame duck from the beginning of his term. Go after Pelosi or Boxer.

srkruzich

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on July 26, 2011, 10:08:20 PM
      The congress controls what goes on , the current president was a lame duck from the beginning of his term. Go after Pelosi or Boxer.
cut the head off the snake and the rest will die

Hefe de vaca

It's a nest of snakes, and they've got each others backs.

sodbuster

Quote from: srkruzich on July 26, 2011, 08:07:42 AM
You haven't been paying attention wilma.  OBAMA's denied us colas since he took office. YOU CANNOT TELL ME That inflation hasn't gone up.  Secondly SS colas are listed in the list of the cuts the dems are proposing as a revenue raiser.  Yeah they can take them away. 

I know what ya mean on moving to where the jobs are.  This area has a serious lack of employment.   What a shame too.  I'm working on that though, but it takes time!

The current Social Security COLA is based on the CPI-W and has been since the 70's. The change Steve is talking about, to chained CPI-U was proposed by the "Gang of Six" a group of 3 Dem's and 3 Republicans not Obama. Though he has said he would support the change. Steve is correct that it will reduce COLA's in the future. CPI-W would be better for seniors than the proposed change.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

srkruzich

Quote from: sodbuster on July 27, 2011, 10:29:50 AM
The current Social Security COLA is based on the CPI-W and has been since the 70's. The change Steve is talking about, to chained CPI-U was proposed by the "Gang of Six" a group of 3 Dem's and 3 Republicans not Obama. Though he has said he would support the change. Steve is correct that it will reduce COLA's in the future. CPI-W would be better for seniors than the proposed change.

David

Heres the deal.  IF the would accept the CCB and pass a balanced budget amendment, i would forgo the colas!  WHY?  Because if they balance the budget, our dollar would grow, and when our dollar grows, so does our spending power. That would eliminate the need for a COLA because prices would come down!   Its basic economics.  WHy this government thinks it has to have a unliimited credit card is beyond me.  There isn't enough money in the world to fund the democrats spending!  THe republicans are bad enough  but damn the democrats have taken it to a new level!

sodbuster

Quote from: srkruzich on July 27, 2011, 10:37:36 AM
Heres the deal.  IF the would accept the CCB and pass a balanced budget amendment, i would forgo the colas!  WHY?  Because if they balance the budget, our dollar would grow, and when our dollar grows, so does our spending power. That would eliminate the need for a COLA because prices would come down!   Its basic economics.  WHy this government thinks it has to have a unliimited credit card is beyond me.  There isn't enough money in the world to fund the democrats spending!  THe republicans are bad enough  but damn the democrats have taken it to a new level!

Too far off topic, but a Budget topic would go well in the Politics section. I don't think there is one there which kinda suprised me?
Steve you would be a good person to start that thread if you so choose.

What would get you to move to Rural Kansas?
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

srkruzich

What got me to move here is this and only this.  The prices. I didn't care about getting something for nothing cause i'm not that way.  I prefer to buy my own stuff and not have any strings attached. 
The way it was is this, cost of living is so bad on the east coast that you can't live there if your income isn't at least 2000 a month.  You can but i don't live in crack houses.   The bubble burst and the banks took the house.  They got this near kool trick on throwing you into a default situation so they can take your home.   Oh well its kinda funny they took it and lost it too.  Two years after they took it some crackhead burned it down.  Karma!

At any rate I lived on the land. Outdoors, fended for myself from may that year til october.  Being smart enough to know that when you have congestive heart failure and living in a camp trailer on land and hving tocut wood haul water, no conveniences to speak of, that you would not survive a winter that way. SO i moved here because i found a farm for 32k and it was owner financed with no money down.  Awesome deal.  Got told by a lot of folks i paid way too much for the place but coming from where i just came from this place would have sold for 150k or more. 

Prices were primary reason, secondary reason is i don't have the damn government telling me what to do like i did in the counties i lived in back east.  They stay out of my life and i'm happy. Third, i don't have some ass coming around telling me what i can and can't do with my property.  Fourth, THeres more cows than people. I prefer it that way.  Cows make better neighbors usually. 

THere ya have it in a nutshell.

Catwoman

I'm sorry to hear you had such a rough road, Steve.  I think you are to be commended for having done as well as you have, given everything you've had to deal with.  I can see where being insulated from the rest of the world and the isolation of a rural life would be appealing to you. 

srkruzich

Quote from: Catwoman on July 27, 2011, 01:01:14 PM
I'm sorry to hear you had such a rough road, Steve.  I think you are to be commended for having done as well as you have, given everything you've had to deal with.  I can see where being insulated from the rest of the world and the isolation of a rural life would be appealing to you. 
Cat its not rough it's just life.  You either adapt and overcome or you just die.   I laughed my ass off when the banks collapsed said it serves them right!  The ones that collapsed were the ones who were thieves.  The ones that didn't collapse were honest to God good banks that loved their customers.   It just goes to show, vengeance is the Lords and he does a awesome job of decimating those who would harm any of his children.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk