The future of Schools

Started by srkruzich, July 25, 2011, 07:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

readyaimduck

Google is my friend, sometimes.

"Kansas does not have a law granting homeschooled students the right to participate in public school classes and activities; thus, the individual schools and schools districts have the authority to decide whether to allow homeschooler participation. Policies often vary from district to district.

Students wishing to participate in public school classes or activities should contact their local school for information regarding their district's policy.

For more information on public school access, see HSLDA's Issues Library"

From the HSLDA'S website

srkruzich

Quote from: readyaimduck on July 25, 2011, 08:51:25 PM
In some states, you have to be certified to homeschool, or was I misinformed?

I wouldn't know.  I don't need certification to teach my own kids.  Again your talking to someone who despises government.  :)  
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

readyaimduck

sorry Steve, I was posting as you posted.

readyaimduck

Well hell!  That didn't tell me whether I can homeschool my kid!
I have NO patience!   (So, I probably shouldn't!     :o)
ready

srkruzich

Quote from: readyaimduck on July 25, 2011, 08:58:50 PM
Well hell!  That didn't tell me whether I can homeschool my kid!
I have NO patience!   (So, I probably shouldn't!     :o)
ready

uhmm kansas requires you to register as a private school.  Not hard to do other than that, no other regs are required.

Catwoman

Ready, if you decide that you want to homeschool, you have to register as being a home school and then you can find all the curriculum you need, plus homeschool organizations, that will get you on your way to homeschooling success (hopefully).  There are conferences held that parents can attend that will not only expose you to the curriculum but also get you in touch with other parents, thereby giving you the kind of support you'll need in this endeavor.  It's not quite as simple as some would have you believe...And yes...There are standards that you have to meet and tests that have to be passed.  Look online...It's all there.

srkruzich

Quote from: Catwoman on July 26, 2011, 06:19:05 AM
Ready, if you decide that you want to homeschool, you have to register as being a home school and then you can find all the curriculum you need, plus homeschool organizations, that will get you on your way to homeschooling success (hopefully).  There are conferences held that parents can attend that will not only expose you to the curriculum but also get you in touch with other parents, thereby giving you the kind of support you'll need in this endeavor.  It's not quite as simple as some would have you believe...And yes...There are standards that you have to meet and tests that have to be passed.  Look online...It's all there.

As long as the kids can take the test and pass it, then theres no problem now. :)  What is funny is those tests are geared for the public school kids. They are far too easy a test for homeschoolers. 

Catwoman

So, that would explain how so many of the homeschooling washouts have "easied" themselves right back into the public school forum, forcing us to have to get them caught up with their peers...Interesting.  ::)

srkruzich

Quote from: Catwoman on July 26, 2011, 08:13:08 AM
So, that would explain how so many of the homeschooling washouts have "easied" themselves right back into the public school forum, forcing us to have to get them caught up with their peers...Interesting.  ::)

Don't know that theres that many washouts.  :) Not every kid can be educated you know. 

Diane Amberg

So what would you do with the ones that you don't think can be educated? We have sheltered workshops and jobs here for all but the absolute worst.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk