The Swedes Have Arrived in Colorado

Started by W. Gray, July 21, 2011, 10:15:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

W. Gray

The Denver area IKEA store opens here in Centennial next Wednesday. It is the only one in Colorado and the 38th in the U.S..

The 415,000 square foot store has 1,500 parking spaces with another 1,500 overflow.

Management expects 40,000 people a day to flood the store during the grand opening.

The store sits on its own street, IKEA Way, and has two freeway exits to help channel traffic.

I have never been in an IKEA store and doubt I will be in one after it opens.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

Wait until the new wears off and go see. It's a fun store to look in even if you don't need anything. Have you ever seen one? It's more than just a furniture store.

jerry wagner

Even once the newness wears of the store will be exceptionally popular due primarily to the pricing of their offerings.

larryJ

There is an IKEA here in our town and while we don't shop there often, we have purchased some things for the granddaughters.  A table and chairs, a child's bed and a paint easel with paper.  I don't really care much for the modern Swedish style furniture, but it would probably appeal to a younger crowd.  When my son and daughter-in-law were traveling last year, they visited the main headquarters and IKEA store in Sweden.  It is worth a visit now and then just to see all the things they have.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk