bulk shopping question

Started by readyaimduck, July 18, 2011, 06:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

readyaimduck

The rabbitts ate my beans, the tomato plants went into shock and gave me 3 tomatoes..and the peppers were earten also.

Mom70x7

It's not exactly bulk shopping, but it is sharing the costs:

http://www.prairielandfood.com/

Ruth Watts is in charge of the Howard area.

srkruzich

Quote from: readyaimduck on July 21, 2011, 07:33:48 PM
The rabbitts ate my beans, the tomato plants went into shock and gave me 3 tomatoes..and the peppers were earten also.

Those must ahve been the same rabbits that ate my beans. :|  I was sooooo looking forward to dilly beans this year.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Catwoman

Another thing, like the one Debbie/Mom listed, is Angel Food Ministries.  If you go online, you can find out if they're in your area.  You pay one base rate and get a pre-determined amount of food for that price.  No volunteering needed.  You will receive some religious literature, I believe, in the box you bring to pick up the foods but, for the extremely low price on the food, a little literature can be ignored.

srkruzich

HOLY cow those are high prices!  

Also very very diabetic and heart unfriendly!  

srkruzich

Quote from: Catwoman on July 21, 2011, 08:34:34 PM
Another thing, like the one Debbie/Mom listed, is Angel Food Ministries.  If you go online, you can find out if they're in your area.  You pay one base rate and get a pre-determined amount of food for that price.  No volunteering needed.  You will receive some religious literature, I believe, in the box you bring to pick up the foods but, for the extremely low price on the food, a little literature can be ignored.

Angelfood is very reasonable but you ahve to watch the food.  Very heart unfriendly.  Diabetic unfriendly if you don't watch it.   I haven't checked lately to see if they added friendly options.  I suggested it a couple years ago that they add diabetic and heart foods.

That volenterring requirement is very annoying. IF i am paying those prices i had better not have to volenteer.  I can get the groceries cheaper int he grocery store if i look for sales.

Catwoman

I have to apologize...It has been a number of years since I last went onto their site...Man, have the prices jumped UP.  I can't believe what they're charging...But, they have added a great deal of fresh produce, where there used to be none, which is a good thing.  They have also added a package put together just for kiddos...But again, the price is exhorbitant, when you stop to consider that, for the same items, you can go to Dillons, find it on sale and spend far less than what they are charging.

Again, my apologies...I had no idea that Angel Food Ministries had changed this radically. 

srkruzich

Quote from: Catwoman on July 21, 2011, 09:16:17 PM
I have to apologize...It has been a number of years since I last went onto their site...Man, have the prices jumped UP.  I can't believe what they're charging...But, they have added a great deal of fresh produce, where there used to be none, which is a good thing.  They have also added a package put together just for kiddos...But again, the price is exhorbitant, when you stop to consider that, for the same items, you can go to Dillons, find it on sale and spend far less than what they are charging.

Again, my apologies...I had no idea that Angel Food Ministries had changed this radically. 

I don't know that angelfood is that high i was talking bout prarieland

srkruzich

Heres angelfoods....

http://www.angelfoodministries.com/menus/menu_2011-07_en.asp?

THey have varioius menus.  35.00 for this one.

Sigh their special meals for seniors though, their not very good.  :(  THey are highly processed foods.

Their bread of life box probably is a decent deal.  The only main problem i had with their food was that it is super high in sugar and salt.

Diane Amberg

Steve you could still get green beans if you replant right away.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk