bulk shopping question

Started by readyaimduck, July 18, 2011, 06:10:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

Steve, for your benefit---- from Wiki---

Dolphins are marine mammals that are closely related to whales and porpoises. There are almost forty species of dolphin in 17 genera. They vary in size from 1.2 m (4 ft) and 40 kg (90 lb) (Maui's dolphin), up to 9.5 m (30 ft) and 10 tonnes (9.8 long tons; 11 short tons) (the orca or killer whale). They are found worldwide, mostly in the shallower seas of the continental shelves, and are carnivores, mostly eating fish and squid. The family Delphinidae is the largest in the Cetacean order, and evolved relatively recently, about ten million years ago, during the Miocene. Dolphins are among the most intelligent animals, and their often friendly appearance and seemingly playful attitude have made them popular in human culture.

Edie

srkruzich

Mahi Mahi fish was nicknamed like so, since people confused it with the mammal 'dolphin', mistaking it for a completely different breed of fish. They are not only found in Hawaii, but in tropical and sub tropical waters as well. The colors that this fish possesses are shimmery and extremely vibrant, although when subjected to open air once caught, change rapidly in color, not affecting the taste and texture of the meat.
its scientific name is coryphaena hippurus  it is also called a dolphin fish not mammal. LOL.  Thats why they call it mahi mahi now!

What your referring to as dolphin is Delphinidae.  That is not the dolphin fish!
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

sodbuster

Dolphin fish(Mahi Mahi), Porpoise\Dolphin\ Flipper. All very tasty. All I can say is that as a kid I had a stuffed "Flipper" he got burned on my Grandma Winn's big heating unit. Had to be thrown away. Very traumatic. After learning of this event 30 years later my Mom gave me a new stuffed "Flipper" for my birthday at 35. Burned him up in the house fire in 2010 along with me. Still love Mahi Mahi no more eating "Flipper" my childhood friend.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

sodbuster

I think it was Judy that mentioned crawdads. As kids in Kansas and Missouri we used to catch them by the bucket full for free or maybe the cost of a couple of strips of bacon hooked to a string. Used them for trot lines and drop lines. Also, used them for a crawdad boil, better than lobster.  I can get crawdads\crayfish locally for $4.99\lb. Maine Lobster and Pacific Rock Lobster much more expensive. 

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Hefe de vaca

The swordfish steak I had in Newport Beach , catch of the day, was unreal.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk