Ross' kind of Control and Manipulation

Started by flintauqua, July 18, 2011, 12:35:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintauqua

Interesting - The Tea Partiers have their own playbook on how to hi-jack open forums like town-hall meetings.  Could the fact that these tactics are twarted by using the type of meeting Elk Konnected has used be the reason Ross and Patriot and others are so pissed off about things like the Delphi Technique and processes that lead to decisions made by consensus, and not decisions made by the tyranny of the most vocal.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/documents/2009/08/memo-details-co-ordinated-anti-reform-harrassment-strategy.php?page=1

"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Catwoman

Flint...You are making a lot of sense... ;D ;D...Proud of you!

sodbuster

Quote from: Catwoman on July 18, 2011, 01:00:41 PM
Flint...You are making a lot of sense... ;D ;D...Proud of you!

Flint, don't go ruining it for the rest of us and start making sense. Ya' hear. You're going to ruin all the fun we're a havin'. :'(

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

srkruzich

Quote from: flintauqua on July 18, 2011, 12:35:57 PM
Interesting - The Tea Partiers have their own playbook on how to hi-jack open forums like town-hall meetings.  Could the fact that these tactics are twarted by using the type of meeting Elk Konnected has used be the reason Ross and Patriot and others are so pissed off about things like the Delphi Technique and processes that lead to decisions made by consensus, and not decisions made by the tyranny of the most vocal.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/documents/2009/08/memo-details-co-ordinated-anti-reform-harrassment-strategy.php?page=1

Actually it would be very easy to shut down a delphi meeting and destroy any possible chance of them hoodwinking the people involved.  All ya gotta do is show them to be liars and that would be very easy to do.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Patriot

Quote from: srkruzich on July 18, 2011, 01:53:30 PM
...All ya gotta do is show them to be liars and that would be very easy to do.

Even after the fact.  Stay connected thinking citizens.  Some of us know you're reading... and reading for context.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Catwoman

Yes, stay connected...Because there's evil afoot in Elk County...There's conspiracies everywhere...Even when you're thinking you're safe aslumber in your own little beddie-by, there are a select few out there that are plotting to overthrow all you good people with their nefarious plots.  You just know that those who dast to meet in their darkened rooms, in circles of evil created, with nary an acknowledged tyrannical leader, are weaving their plots of rock and gravel and roads made passable...Plots of making children have fun against their will...Plots where the wailing and nashing of teeth are heard from yon forum, where the cat-o-nine tails is heard to be flailed against their martyred backs...

Oh...Sorry...Uh...Where were we?

Diane Amberg

Oh please kind mistress, yon forum needs more of thy admonishments, especially to engage one's body in random play and the showing of small bleeting mammals of the milking kind at at yon faire that pleases all comers. For sooth and anon! Ribbons instead of lollipops?

Patriot

Quote from: Catwoman on July 18, 2011, 02:43:23 PM
Yes, stay connected...

...Oh...Sorry...Uh...Where were we?

New approaches today.  I like it.  Still, many continue to be slanted toward personal attack. But I like it.  It's illustrative to say the least.

We were continuing to discuss events and issues  involving the appearance of impropriety in local government with respect to its' commingling of monies, efforts and agendas with a private company...regardless of anyone's 'good intentions'.  We were allowing significant numbers of silent readers to read all the points, counterpoints and see the sidesteps.  We were allowing them to form their own opinions and to share those with their friends, neighbors and relatives.  In short, we were engaging in open, non-facilitated public debate & discussion.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

sodbuster

Quote from: Patriot on July 18, 2011, 02:59:33 PM

... In short, we were engaging in open, non-facilitated public debate & discussion.

At this point I would seriously like to thank Teresa and Kjell for facillitating all the conversations we have here on the forum and the way in which they do it. No kidding. No Joking. We are very lucky.

David
Breathe deep the gathering gloom,Watch lights fade from every room.Bedsitter people look back and lament,Another day's useless energy spent.Impassioned lovers wrestle as one,Lonely man cries for love and has none.New mother picks up and suckles her son,Senior citizens wish they were young.MoodyBlues

Catwoman

That's no joke...Teresa is one patient woman!  ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk