More than 28 million + People Currently Unemployed...

Started by Warph, July 17, 2011, 02:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

"According to the U.S. Department of Labor's Bureau of Labor Statistics, there are more than 28 million people currently unemployed -- that's including those involuntarily working part-time and those who want a job, but have given up on trying to find one. In the face of the worst economic upheaval since the Great Depression, millions of Americans are hurting. "The Decline: The Geography of a Recession," as created by labor writer LaToya Egwuekwe, serves as a vivid representation of just how much. Watch the deteriorating transformation of the U.S. economy from January 2007 -- approximately one year before the start of the recession -- to the most recent unemployment data available today."
Original link: www.latoyaegwuekwe.com/geographyofareces­sion.html. For more information, email latoya.egwuekwe@yahoo.com

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

srkruzich

The Government isn't giving us the true unemployment rate when they say 9.5.  The true rate is something like 18-19% unemployment.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

readyaimduck

The government ( and I don't capitalizes that on purpose) creates jobs like seasonal workers (census takers, ets) and uses the unemployed that were caled back to work and then layed off...
It's a numbers games of which I wish the would go back out of magic school and do what they were voted in to do.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk