The Health Clinic in Howard

Started by farmgal67357, July 12, 2011, 04:29:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

farmgal67357

Does anyone know the names of the doctors there? I'll like to look them up online. I'm gonna need someone for diabetes and pain management. Thanks! :)
Lisa
Lisa

Judy Harder

You will get a lot of replies soon. I only know of Dr. Hutchinson............and my PA Shirley Black.
Do not forget Moline health center in Moline.........Dr. Hutchinson and Shirley Black and James McDrmott is the doctor.
They all do a great job. I am happy with Moline. Used to go to Howard when Joan Rogow was the medic.
Good luck.
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

kshillbillys

Just my opinion of course, but I wouldn't trust my dog with anyone associated with McDermott! For years my mother went to McDermott. In 2009, she was sick, very sick it turns out, but all McDermott could say was, "you need to lose some weight to help with your shortness of breath" or "you have pneumonia." A simple xray showed a lot of fluid in my mothers' lung and when that fluid was removed it was determined she had stage IV ovarian cancer. Not impressed with him at all!! But to each their own! >:( ---Jennifer
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

jarhead

Jen
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Dr James McDermott. Years ago I would go to him when he was just in Cedarvale and I was highly pleased with Doc but I might have been a tad prejudiced. I got med evaced in Nam with FUO & possible scrub typhus (whatever the hell that is ). They took me to 3rd Med at Vandergrift Combat Base and while waiting for treatment I saw a Navy Corpsman give a guy a rabies shot in the gut . Guess it made a real impression on me because the first time I laid eyes on Dr. McDermott 20 plus years later I recognized him as that Corpsman. Doc was a combat Corpsman with the 3rd Marines

srkruzich

The problem is that the entire area is not equipped to deal with anything that isn't simple really.   Most of these doctors are bone doctors, fix broken ones, stitch ya up ect....
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Diane Amberg

Scrub Typhus is nasty and carried by mites by way of rodents. I remember it from long ago. It occurred in areas of scrubby plants, hence the name. It used to be treated with tetracycline but today I have no idea. I had totally forgotten about it.  Viet Nam, bad memories.

jarhead

Quote from: Diane Amberg on July 12, 2011, 09:39:42 PM
Scrub Typhus is nasty and carried by mites by way of rodents. I remember it from long ago. It occurred in areas of scrubby plants, hence the name. It used to be treated with tetracycline but today I have no idea. I had totally forgotten about it.  Viet Nam, bad memories.

Yes Diane,
Some bad memories, but so many good memories too. I will be reliving some of the good memories the next few days as I am hosting our annual "mini reunion' at Flint Oak for the next few days. Picking my platoon commander up today at the airport. Scar is flying in from your neck of the woods---Bloomsburg, Pa.
Doc Bones, one of our Corpsman , is flying in from North Carolina and I will be asking him why he allowed a mite to give Mother Edwards's baby boy the dreaded  Scrub Typhus.
I thought about inviting Teresa and Kjell up to meet some of the boys of "Suicide Charlie" but we will be wasting tons of ammo and I just hate for Blondie to outshoot this bunch of lean , mean, fighting Marines--------OK, balding, beer gut bunch of old timers !!

Diane Amberg

Ah! Have a wonderful time retelling all the tales, true or not.That sounds like a great reunion.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: jarhead on July 12, 2011, 07:48:49 PM
Jen
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience with Dr James McDermott. Years ago I would go to him when he was just in Cedarvale and I was highly pleased with Doc but I might have been a tad prejudiced. I got med evaced in Nam with FUO & possible scrub typhus (whatever the hell that is ). They took me to 3rd Med at Vandergrift Combat Base and while waiting for treatment I saw a Navy Corpsman give a guy a rabies shot in the gut . Guess it made a real impression on me because the first time I laid eyes on Dr. McDermott 20 plus years later I recognized him as that Corpsman. Doc was a combat Corpsman with the 3rd Marines

Wow. You have known Dr. McDermott a long time. I learned alot of things from Dr. McDermott, but he got my respect when he was the only doctor to diagnose Dee Clarkson, my undersheriff, with a brain tumor. Dee had been to a doctor in Independence who said he only had an ear infection and treated him for such. Dee would get dizzy, pass out, then not know who anyone was when he came to. It was really scary. Finally, Dee went to Dr. McDermott and we learned he had a tumor behind his right ear. I still miss Dee Clarkson to this day. I loved that man. He had the kindest heart. Love ya, Dee. I know you are watching over us.

sixdogsmom

Ah, Janet you will never know how much that man with a lions' heart was indeed loved and respected. I think about Dee Clarkson to this day! And I have the greatest respect for Dr. McDermott, as he saved my husbands' life by doing a country doctors' diagnosis from a fuzzy x-ray, a diagnosis that a city doctor required to have a ct scan. Immediately after Dr. McDermotts' diagnosis they had hubby in an ambulance and on his way to Wichita, driving very carefully to avoid an about to rupture abdomianal arortal aneurism. This thing had been leaking for awhile; hubby had been diagnosed in Wichita as diverticulitis, and when he went to surgery he was given 50% chance for survival, and almost 100% chance for the loss of one or both legs. That was a very scary time, but thanks to Dr. McDermott, I got to spend three more years with him. Dr. McDermott has my undying gratitude, and I use him as my primary care physician to this day, although I do see him in Sedan.
Edie

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk