Question

Started by Warph, July 11, 2011, 07:33:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

"If someone with a nostril ring takes it out, then blows their nose, do they have to cover that hole as well as their nostril holes so that snot doesn't blow out everywere?"
Strike that, too messy....

"Okay... If you burp and fart at the same time, would it cause a vacuum in your stomach?"
Naw.... strike that, too.

"If the serving size on a can of soda is one can, then why is the serving size on the little can one can, too?  Wouldn't the little can be two cans?" 

This one should be an easier one for LarryJ's headache.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

flintauqua

You know Warph, the serving size thing has bugged me for quite some time.  Twelve ounce cans are one serving, a two-liter bottle is approximately six 12 ounce servings, but a 20 ounce bottle is 2.5 servings of eight ounces each and a half-liter is approximately two 8 ounce servings.

At least that's the way it is on pop, powerade, sobe, etc.  How is it on beer?  I don't drink often enough to notice, but I would presume a twelve ounce bottle or can would be one serving, but what about the 16 and 32 ounce containers?  Or a bottle of Boone's Farm?  Are they measured in 12's or 8's?  ;D
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

sixdogsmom

Reminds me--- many years ago, I knew this woman who was very avante garde if you know what I mean. She was a beautiful black woman who wore a diamond piercing in her nose at the top of the nostril. She was quite the intellectual and all the guys had their tongues hanging out. However, she did confide in myself and my friend that if she had it to do over she would have not done the piercing, because when she had a cold, she got snot in three places! LOL!  ;D ;D ;D The price we pay!
Edie

Warph

I dunno, flint... once I pop the lid off an ice cold beer I can care less about the amount, 'cause if I hit bottom, I just go to the next one.  Do they still make Boone's Farm?   :laugh:  :laugh:

Six.. My neice had one piercing under her bottom lip and her mother said it has been infected 3 times.  Her doctor told her to take it out and let the area heal.  When she got home, she went into her bedroom, slammed the door shut and as far as I know, has never come out.  That was 12 years ago.  Kids?  :P

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

larryJ

Okay, it's early.  Too early.  Maybe I should come back to this later.  Nah----------

Okay, here goes.  The serving size on a product indicates what the manufacturer feels is the correct serving size.  Relating to cans or bottles, the serving size is surmised by the manufacturer that you will drink all the contents, either all at once, or over a period of time.  The serving size on a can or bottle does not change with the actual amount of contents, but only indicates that the can or bottle you are using is one serving size.  

That said-----------The serving size on, say, a bag of potato chips can be, oh, let's say, 10 chips if it is a Frito-Lay product.  However, the store brand might indicate a serving size of 20 chips.  This does not mean the chips are smaller in the store brand, only that the manufacturer has decided that serving size is appropriate.  

With me so far?  Where the serving size can make a difference is on a can of vegetables or fruit, as related to the size of the product.
Obviously, the larger can would serve more people than the smaller can.  Again, the manufacturer has decided how much of this product would be a normal serving size for one person.  However, not all people are the same.  Someone might really enjoy, say, a can of peaches, and would buy the bigger size in order to satisfy the craving for that product, making the serving size moot, because that person might eat the whole can which would be one serving size.  Or, the gluttonous person is just making a pig of himself eating all four serving sizes as indicated on the can.  Which means four people could have enjoyed some of those peaches, also.  And, who is to say that the manufacturer's idea of a serving size would be the same in all parts of the distribution area?  Those in Elk County might enjoy, say, an 8-ounce cup of coffee, whereas, someone like me in SoCal, who is not really awake yet, will now go enjoy a 12-ounce second cup of coffee.  

BUT THEN, YOU ALREADY KNEW ALL THAT, DIDN'T YOU? ;D ;D ;D ;D

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

Yes, but it's still fun to see you say it.I think long ago regular sized soda cans said two servings. Maybe I'm wrong on that.

Judy Harder

Those in Elk County might enjoy, say, an 8-ounce cup of coffee, whereas, someone like me in SoCal, who is not really awake yet, will now go enjoy a 12-ounce second cup of coffee. 

Who messures their coffee...............Unless doctor has limited or made you stop..............you give me the pot and I will tell you when I am through drinking. Depending on temp, This time of year I am drinking iced coffee and find that I can drink MORE of it.
Of course, I must quit by afternoon or my restless legs will be worse...............that is my story and I AM sticking to it. LOL
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Wilma

You are right, Judy.  Who cares what size the cup is as long as the coffee is hot and it is early in the morning and there is no one else around, except Bud, of course, and the TV is still off and it is not yet daylight.  Yummy.  Wish it were bottomless.

Diane Amberg

At what age did you all start drinking coffee?

Catwoman

I need to start, evidently...My "get up and go" has "got up and gone"...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk