ERDMAN, Albert - b. 1870 - d. February 28, 1933

Started by genealogynut, November 16, 2006, 09:13:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

genealogynut

Howard Courant
March 2, 1933

NIGHT MARSHALL OF LONGTON WAYLAID AND KILLED

Albert Erdman, Age 60, Victim of Cold-blooded Murder

Early Tuesday morning the body of Albert Erdman, age 60, was found lying in the street at Longton.  He had been shot through the body and evidently had died instantly.  Examination of the surroundings indicated that the shot had been fired by some one who laid in wait between two buildings and shot as the marshal walked by.  The marshal had two guns on him, but had not fired a shot.  An empty shell from the killer's gun was picked up, and may prove a clue in the the mystery.  Citizens heard three shots fired and believe two were from a rifle and one from a shotgun.

The case is surrounded by mystery as no robbery was committed and there would appear to be no motive or cause for the cold-blooded killing.

Erdman was 60 years of age, a widower, and the son of Albert Erdman, a pioneer of Elk Falls neighborhood.  He had resigned as marshal and that was to have been his last night on duty.

Janet Harrington

I was able to get Albert Erdman's name on the Kansas Law Enforcment Officers Memorial in Topeka, Kansas.  I'm not sure if his name got on the National Memorial.  I believe that we put Officer Erdman's name on the memorial in 2003.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk