road 7over eagle head

Started by oldfart, June 25, 2011, 04:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hefe de vaca

How do we achieve what it seems, you , Patriot and Ross, want, if the people actually involved with wrong doing do not stand up and refuse to go along? It is not the supervisors that alone perpetrate the inequities. But all involved. The place to start is sticking to your own morals and refusing to be part of any wrong doing.

Patriot

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on July 24, 2011, 05:03:41 PM
  And Patriot , I am not arrogant , nor elitist.

Sure got me fooled.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

Quote from: Catwoman on July 24, 2011, 10:07:13 AM
OMG...Now the ugliness and contention has been moved from the Politics section to the Coffee Shop? Here we go again...Let's see if we can make this thread over 200 pages long, with nothing but nonsense, bickering and arguing contained in it, too!  >:(

Relax and enjoy.
It is just "civil discourse ".
Can't you handle it?

Hefe de vaca

Watch out Ross , your adding post count to someone else's thread.

Patriot

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on July 24, 2011, 05:17:45 PM
  How do we achieve what it seems, you , Patriot and Ross, want, if the people actually involved with wrong doing do not stand up and refuse to go along? It is not the supervisors that alone perpetrate the inequities. But all involved. The place to start is sticking to your own morals and refusing to be part of any wrong doing.

As I've said before,  as a voter & taxpayer I'm concerned more with the folks who volunteered and were elected by the public to watch our chicken house.  It's they who took an oath and they who are responsible first to the citizens.  It's with them that the buck stops.  If these things are happening, then they have the responsibility to discover them and they who were given the authority to prevent them.  First, let those elected do their job as guardians of the public trust.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Ross

And Patriot , I am not arrogant , nor elitist. I just like the facts presented, not conjecture. One problem we have is not showing the whole of the problem. I have never excused any elected official of wrong doing here.  But it is quite disturbing to me that those involved point the finger at their higher ups and take no blame.

And Patriot , I am not arrogant , nor elitist.
I agree with you Jefe. I think Patriot was just being polite.

I just like the facts presented, not conjecture.
Then perhaps you should follow your own likes.

But it is quite disturbing to me that those involved point the finger at their higher ups and take no blame.
I find it quite disturbing that you have no grasp of reality.

Hefe de vaca

I personally would never give free reign to whomever is watching the chickens or cows. My experience has been that anyone can fall prey to avarice and greed. That is why I ask , doesn't everyone involved carry the burden of doing what they know is right? Without checks and balances , no system will work. And without honest men and women the same will occur.

Lookatmeknow!!

Sometimes it hurts not to do what you are told to do, I know first hand, but you have to do what you feel is right. Following orders is not always fun, but if you know that the person in charge is wrong, then don't follow along or go to a higher person and see if that helps. Sometimes it doesn't help and they still say do it, then it's up to you to decide if you want to risk your job over it, or not. I have risk my job, and lost before. But you know what, I know that what I did was the right thing to do. Just because some people choose to order around others and not actually work doesnt mean a thing. Of course, my example was not of working on roads or private property. As for that, I am not sure what I would have done.
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Hefe de vaca

Patriot is polite, and obviously well read, you , Ross , are another species.Perhaps a bit Hillbilly.

Catwoman

To not do what you are instructed to do is job suicide in this day and age.  The problem is, if you do what you are instructed to do, it doesn't keep you from being complicit in having done the wrongdoing...It merely means you didn't have the backbone to stick to what was right.  So, you have to make the decision as to how far you're willing to cross that line in order to keep your job so that you can continue to support your family.  I remember when you stuck to your guns, Angie.  I was proud of you.  I am glad to hear that you are going into SPED...I hope that you will find a niche there!!  ;)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk