road 7over eagle head

Started by oldfart, June 25, 2011, 04:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Wilma on July 20, 2011, 12:55:35 PM
Shucky darn.  Are the Beaumont wind farms open to sightseers?

Don't know. Never been there.

readyaimduck

I have a buddy that livies in that area.  I will ask him, and I do know that that wind farm at the time it was about to be built caused a lot of Ruckus with the people that lived in the area. 
I will get back to you.
ready

greatguns

I believe Pete will let me look at the ones on his land.

Hefe de vaca

You can drive close enough to get a good look. Going into the tower is another matter, don't get your hopes up there.

Elk County Farm Bureau

You can tour the Beaumont wind farm by contacting Ride the Flint Hills, LLC
11651 SE Waie, Beaumont, KS 67012
Phone 620 843 2025
Website http://www.ridetheflinthills.com
Hours Mon - Sun: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/RidetheFlintHills-LLC/101391576566271

Diane Amberg

Well, there you go then. Someone took an idea and is doing it. Thanks!

Patriot

Quote from: Elk County Farm Bureau on July 21, 2011, 09:08:56 AM
You can tour the Beaumont wind farm by contacting Ride the Flint Hills, LLC

Well gee golly gosh darn.  Nope, there will be NO riding through the Elk county ranchers herds.  Who the heck would think of such a stupid thing?  What rancher would ever allow it?  Well?  Apparently one would... to the tune of $57 to over $2000!  

Tourism in the Flint Hills?  Nonsense.  Never work.  Can't happen.  "Sturgis of Kansas".  Would just bring in riff-raff... And revenue, and potential new residents (some with kids), and potential new business owners.  Stupid Governour Brownback.  Tourism in the Flint Hills.... harrumph! What an idiot!

Nevermind.  The 'status quo' folks in Elk County said it won't work.  And, God knows, they've got better answers.  Well... at least they know what won't work.

Then there was that post by PEP in 2008 about parking your RV an taking a trail ride to a 200 MW wind farm.  Crazy?  Yeah... like a fox.  Seen all the new RV/trailer hookups in Howard?  Who is gonna need those after the wind farm folk leave?

I'm just saddened that more average citizens here weren't informed of/involved in such development possibilities before now.  Wonder why?  Maybe they, too, could have benefited.  No worries.  After all, we have after school movies, volleyball and summer day camps for the kids.  Did someone mention lollipops?

Wake up citizens.  It ain't 1950 any more.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Wilma

My idea of touring the wind farm is driving through, not leaving the car and definitely not climbing any towers.

srkruzich

once you've seen 1 wind tower you've seen em all.
Can't for the life of me imagine what anyone would spend money to go see one of those things for
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Lookatmeknow!!

Speaking of windfarms, has anyone read the commissioners minutes in the paper this week? Please correct me if I am wrong, but is there a problem now with the company that was going to buy the electric because of Brownbacks no more windfarm thing? Just wanted to know!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk