road 7over eagle head

Started by oldfart, June 25, 2011, 04:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

This a 1954 landowner's map of the area and the legend that goes with it.  The red star is on sec. 17 where road 5 now ends in the middle of the section.  If you look you will see that road 5 on this map continues to the north side of sec. 17 and meets with Junebug.  It is designated as a county road all the way across sec. 17.  Junebug from road 8 to road 5 is an open road, but not designated as a county road.  Junebug goes east 2 miles where it turns north onto road 10 that goes to Killdeer and is designated as a county road.  Much of this has changed in the past 57 years.

Patriot

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on July 15, 2011, 05:20:35 PM
    Mom is proud,yes. At least I have one. ;D  I think you and your pal were hatched from the egg that gave us the people who don't believe we landed on the moon, it was all a stunt to get our tax dollars and filmed in Hollywood.  I've never been asked to leave any kind of meeting, ( and I have attended several) . What I related is not a threat, it is an observation of previous posts in which someone took offense to how they were treated in a public meeting. No one else was asked to leave.

As to my "isolated singular view", If my word isn't good enough, try any number of the people who used that trail. But, OH, most of them are the dreaded Perkins bunch, out to defraud the county of it's resources.

Or perhaps you could talk to some of the oil pumpers that worked up there, but then , they wouldn't be reliable either. Only our stalwart county road workers deserve to be believed.

You are obviously not familiar with the area or what goes on.

You guys are experts in provocation and prevarication.  :laugh:  Definition: expert;  has been under pressure. ;D ;D ;D

It would be" proper" to take your accusations to the authorities , instead of making your veiled suggestions here.  But since you have no proof , whatsoever, that kind of makes it tough , huh?

Never happened, Super Patriot, and you're right, seeing is believing.

Defensive, aren't we?  Articulated like a spoiled adolescent.  No, your word isn't good enough, and I think I'll choose at this point to believe those road crew folks, as I have now heard the case on both sides.  So you just keep on denying, defending and demeaning the county labor force (Ross and I don't count, we were hatched).  I'll remind you, as I have others, the ultimate authorities are the voters & taxpayers.  Just remember, youngster, there are lots of those folks reading your raging outbursts and these threads of unanswered questions.

The problem SW of 7 & Killdeer remains... Since those who contradict your isolated singular view of the facts are likely correct, why would the county be dumping rock & grading there?  Would it be proper for the county to do so?  If so, under what conditions?  What county official, if any, would request, authorize or approve of such work? And why?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Wilma

Exactly where southwest of 7 and Killdeer was the work done?  There is a lot of area there.

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on July 15, 2011, 08:25:55 PM
This a 1954 landowner's map of the area and the legend that goes with it.  The red star is on sec. 17 where road 5 now ends in the middle of the section.  If you look you will see that road 5 on this map continues to the north side of sec. 17 and meets with Junebug.  It is designated as a county road all the way across sec. 17.  Junebug from road 8 to road 5 is an open road, but not designated as a county road.  Junebug goes east 2 miles where it turns north onto road 10 that goes to Killdeer and is designated as a county road.  Much of this has changed in the past 57 years.

Good lordy Wilma... find Killdeer & Road 7.  Oldfart/Mr KSHillbilly correct me if I'm missing something...From there draw a line about 25 or 30 yards due SW.  That's the area.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Janet Harrington

When oldfart said that he was one of the road crew that did work on that particular piece of property, then that is what he did. oldfart knows the county roads. The road boss that he worked under at that time is now deceased, so we are unable to ask him. The "cowpath/oil field road/private property/etc" starts at Road 7 and Killdeer, goes west across the top of the hill, angles down to the south/southwest to meet up with Road 5. This is where oldfart said the work was done. This is where Mr. kshillbilly said the work was done. I have no reason to not believe that the road crew did do some work up there. Oldfart and Mr. kshillbilly both said that it happened. The dispute is...is this private property, is this a closed road, is this property that is supposed to be maintained by the county. In all my years as the county scīrgerefa, I did not see any road crew vehicles up there. The other dispute is, did a county official (commissioner, whatever), order this work to be done. If so, then was this an unlawful use of public money?

I am pretty sure that the road crew know the county roads no matter what district they work in. After all, their job is to go where the county road supervisor tells them to go. Just a few years ago, the county shops all had foremans that made the decisions about what to do. A long winded post to say, the property in question starts at Road 7 and Killdeer and meets up with Road 5 in the section of land currently owned by Jim Perkins.

Wilma

Now we have a 1988 landowner's map of the area.  The red star continues to be on sec. 17.  Road 5 ends in the center of the section.  The landowners have changed on the north side of the section and no longer require access across sec. 17.

Twenty-five or thirty yards off the intersection of Kildeer and Road 7?  Why didn't you just say so in the first place?  That isn't far enough to even be off the right of way.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Patriot on July 15, 2011, 08:34:33 PM
Good lordy Wilma... find Killdeer & Road 7.  Oldfart/Mr KSHillbilly correct me if I'm missing something...From there draw a line about 25 or 30 yards due SW.  That's the area.

Patriot, it is more than 25 or 30 yards. It is more like 1.5 miles.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Patriot on July 15, 2011, 08:30:00 PM

The problem SW of 7 & Killdeer remains... Since those who contradict your isolated singular view of the facts are likely correct, why would the county be dumping rock & grading there?  Would it be proper for the county to do so?  If so, under what conditions?  What county official, if any, would request, authorize or approve of such work? And why?

One question. Is this work that was done recently or are we learning that this happened a few years ago?

Wilma

You are asking the wrong person.  He wasn't even there.

Janet Harrington

Quote from: Wilma on July 15, 2011, 08:51:10 PM
You are asking the wrong person.  He wasn't even there.

I realize that, Mother, but he writes in present time. Or at least I read it like that. However; I am on Paxil and am stupid, so I am probably reading it wrong. I get kind of overheated when I shake doors and watch for fires for a living.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk