road 7over eagle head

Started by oldfart, June 25, 2011, 04:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lookatmeknow!!

I live on Killdeer and it's the best it's been in several several years by far!! No big, big rock just the right size. As for who was grading it, have no clue cause I am not home during the day. But when Limestone was closed and the semi's were using it, they would water the road down during the day. I have to say, I am impressed with the condition that our road is in!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Hefe de vaca

Diane, why didn't I put the name together until now. It's still referred to as the old Amberg place by everyone I know. I believe Maurice owns it now , though Bill and Don et al use the working pens.

Now that you're oriented, would you say that any rock or grading has been done up that hill? Especially since Liz has been in office?

"  Jealousy and stupidity, don't equal harmony."  John Prine from " Some Humans Ain't Human"

Catwoman

Quote from: Hefe de vaca on June 30, 2011, 03:34:10 PM
Well, that is enough for now as I'm sure this will be good for some cannon fire and By Gods.

Well, BOOM...I'd say your cannon fire is spot on...And by God, I'd say you know what you're talking about.  Welcome to the Forum!! :-)

Patriot

Quote from: Catwoman on June 30, 2011, 03:51:56 PM
Well, BOOM..

I'm not so sure about the boom.... something like the sound of a black powder fuse burning perhaps.  Regardless, welcome el Jefe de Vaca.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Hefe de vaca

Damn, I knew I was doing something wrong. Thanks for correcting me Patriot.

Jefe de Vaca

Hefe de vaca

We are close to Independence day. Hope the fuse is long enough to last till then.

Thanks for the welcome. I'll try not to piss too many people off.

Diane Amberg

Hi Jefe. Sorry, but I really can't say. Definitely not the last time I was up there. It was a real axle breaker. A lot could have changed since then. I still have to remind myself we don't own that land any more; it was in the family for a very long time. I'm almost the only "Old Amberg " left save for my sister. Uncle Ted lived there for quite awhile after Uncle Bill Died. We always stop and take a look when we are out there and have been kindly been given free rein to poke around. Lots of memories there...some good and some not so, but it was family all the same.

Catwoman

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on June 30, 2011, 04:31:58 PM
      We are close to Independence day. Hope the fuse is long enough to last till then.

Thanks for the welcome. I'll try not to piss too many people off.

LOL...Awwww...Jump on in...The water's fine!  ;)

Hefe de vaca

From what I've been told ,Diane, quite a respected family.  There are a lot of good people here who care about the land. Sorry you couldn't continue your family place. Mine was bulldozed some time ago, nothing to visit. Good that you are given the option to go there without opposition to remember the good times. It's better than pictures.

Hefe de vaca

Quote from: Catwoman on June 30, 2011, 04:52:43 PM
LOL...Awwww...Jump on in...The water's fine!  ;)
Actually, Catwoman, that is a topic that I would like to comment  on, the future of our water. We can all make do with the roads we have, but we, our pets, livestock, or I guess you could say , "flora and fauna" , cannot live without water. I am of the mind that any money we have or get would be better spent towards guaranteeing we have water. With the expansion that has occurred, can our lake handle the demand in a year such as 1980? I was going to querie Skruzich, as he said he was a chemistry major, on his knowledge of current technology in reclaiming waste water, something I worked on in the construction end. The engineer offered me a glass of water from the tail end of a sewer plant, but I declined. The latest analogy I heard was good though, " You eat off of silverware that was in someone elses mouth a few hours ago". It also took water for that to happen.

If we are going to spend money on ourselves, I think it best to assure we , and every other living thing here, have water. The wind farm has learned that it is not something in this part of the world that you can just wave money at and it appears. I remember our current President saying that the "first " stimulous money was to build the country's infrastructure. I for one haven't seen much of that. What part of our infrastructure is more important than water? How long can you live without it? Three days?

Let's update our current system and explore the technology out there. I would say , money well spent.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk