road 7over eagle head

Started by oldfart, June 25, 2011, 04:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ross

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on July 15, 2011, 01:58:35 PM
As for preferencial treatment, I would say that the roads around each road employee's house, as well as the commissioners, are maintained better than most. Go figure. ::)
Are you alluding to a form of corruption? That's what it reads like.

Hefe de vaca

I have personally been on said "road" many times in the past several years. There was no rock added nor grading done .

Stick to the topic. No misuse of county funds occurred on this cow path.

The biggest amount of corruption I see here is in your "words", if we can call them as such. I believe my interpretation earlier was , acidic banter. I'm sure you have that recorded in your files.

Janet Harrington

Part of Patriot's writings: And while we're on the subject, why are you so singularly focused on defending Ms. Hendricks (here and in other threads), when her name or office have been barely mentioned?  You aren't nearly so reactive, defensive or protective even when someone snaps directly at your own daughter.

My mother doesn't have to be reactive, defensive, or protective when someone snaps at me. She knows I can take care of myself. LOL But, thanks, Patriot, for caring. ;D

Patriot

Quote from: Janet Harrington on July 15, 2011, 02:56:10 PM
My mother doesn't have to be reactive, defensive, or protective when someone snaps at me. She knows I can take care of myself. LOL But, thanks, Patriot, for caring. ;D

You're welcome, and I have no doubt you can.  I suspect Commissioner Hendricks doesn't need your mom's help either.  At least I hope not.   :)
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Patriot

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on July 15, 2011, 02:55:22 PM
      Stick to the topic. No misuse of county funds occurred on this cow path.

It would seem, then, that we are at an impasse.  Are you suggesting that the 2 or 3 who attest to having done the work there are lying?  And why should your word carry more weight than their word on the matter?

Quote from: Jefe de vaca on July 15, 2011, 02:55:22 PM
The biggest amount of corruption I see here is in your "words", if we can call them as such. I believe my interpretation earlier was , acidic banter. I'm sure you have that recorded in your files.

Goodness.  You sound bitter.  Why would that be?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Wilma

Jim, you gave us the dates.  Now can you give us the exact location, Rd. #, etc?  You and Jefe might be talking about two different roads.

I am adding a map to this post to see how well it comes through in the post.  I have placed a small red star on sec. 17 and named the roads in red.  Hope this is readable.

Wilma

That worked better than I thought it would.  Wish I knew how to make the pictures bigger.  You will notice that through Sec. 17 there is parallel dotted lines which might indicate a future road.  Since there was no legend to explain the markings, I can only guess.

Wilma

Patriot, the reason there is more on this forum concerning district 2 is that the people doing the complaining are from other districts.  You don't hear district 2 people voicing their concerns.  Maybe because they are not concerned.  Maybe they trust their commissioner.

Hefe de vaca

No bitterness, only the facts. As I said , I have personally been there. If that carries no weight , then we are indeed at an impass, you and I. I believe, from your signature , that we feel the same about social engineering. I wish I had pictures of the area to prove my facts, but I don't, so you can take me at my word , or not.

I do not approve of anyone using their position to better themselves, or their property, anymore than you do. But I know what I have seen, and still see, with my own eyes and feet and tires. You obviously have not been there, nor have the" 2 or 3" people you refer to, or they would not make these allegations.

There is nothing like first hand knowledge.

Wilma

Here is a 1920 landowner's map of the area.  I tried enlarging and I hope it works.  The map itself is in rather poor condition.  The only legend on this map is for oil wells.  The only roads marked are what were the highways at that time and Limestone going west from Howard, turning at Lynn Perkins, going north and west and north to Rock Road, back east to road 10 and north to Piedmont.  Must have been a major road at that time.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk