road 7over eagle head

Started by oldfart, June 25, 2011, 04:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Janet Harrington

Quote from: oldfart on June 25, 2011, 04:58:35 PM
Lot of people have ask if that road going in the middle of wind farm is a county road , and if it is how  can they close  it off to the public. The county did blade it .

Hey, old fart. Have you noticed that all this cussing and discussing and commenting and name calling is all because of your one little post. Boy, you know how to get people riled. LOL Just kidding, old fart. You know where I stand on all this.

Patriot

Interesting that this is the main wind farm entrance and is closely situated to the area that will house many of their operational support facilities.  And here we were told that the developer would be doing all their own road work. 

Maybe some county official thought it helpful to work the area in question so Enel NA and Tradewinds folks could have easier access to the scenic view of the location of their new wind farm and feel more at home with their site selection.  How thoughtful.  More grease on the skids?
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Wilma

What is interesting, Patriot, is your quest of wrong doing by one county commissioner.

Dee Gee

Just a thought, the court house burned in 1906. So any road easements / right of way deeds were destroyed and this road was there prior to this time.
Learn from the mistakes of others You can't live long enough to make them all yourself

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on July 15, 2011, 07:55:06 AM
What is interesting, Patriot, is your quest of wrong doing by one county commissioner.

No, Wilma, what's interesting is how you can extract the words 'county commissioner' from the words 'county official'.  My perspective was much broader than you suggest.

But since you brought it up, doesn't it seem that there is much more questioning of events in District 2 than there are about events in Districts 1 & 3?  Besides, I have no influence of who dumps rock where.  And while we're on the subject, why are you so singularly focused on defending Ms. Hendricks (here and in other threads), when her name or office have been barely mentioned?  You aren't nearly so reactive, defensive or protective even when someone snaps directly at your own daughter.

Fortunately, none of that changes the questions:  Why would the county be dumping rock & grading there?  Would it be proper for the county to do so?  If so, under what conditions?  What county official, if any, would request, authorize or approve of such work? And why?

Wilma

Is this the Rd. 7 thread?  I want to be sure before I say this.  Neva told me that there are no easements on the roadways.  Maybe you are right and whatever easements there might have been were destroyed.  However, at the time the roads were established, maybe easements weren't required.  Neva also told me that the county owns the roads.  Wouldn't this mean that a road that existed and was maintained by the county is still owned by the county unless it has been officially closed?  In that case, perhaps only the least amount of maintenance was being performed by the road workers who reasonably thought they were working on private property.

Jim, would you care to tell us just when and where you did this work?

Patriot, I know of quite a few specials that were done at the request of whoever the county commissioner was at the time.  It seems that the best roads can be found in the county commissioner's neighborhood and has been since before the time that I first moved to Elk County.

Have you been picking on Janet?

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on July 15, 2011, 08:15:03 AM
Patriot, I know of quite a few specials that were done at the request of whoever the county commissioner was at the time.  It seems that the best roads can be found in the county commissioner's neighborhood and has been since before the time that I first moved to Elk County.

'We've always done it that way' doesn't make it right.  And county commissioners put their pants on the same way everybody else does, one leg at a time.  Of course, some of them have been, or may be, too big for their britches.  Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Quote from: Wilma on July 15, 2011, 08:15:03 AM
Have you been picking on Janet?

Nope.

Varmit

Quote from: Patriot on July 15, 2011, 08:10:28 AM
But since you brought it up, doesn't it seem that there is much more questioning of events in District 2 than there are about events in Districts 1 & 3?

ain't the damn truth. it does make one wonder why certain parts of the county get more attention than others.
It is high time we eased the drought suffered by the Tree of Liberty. Let us not stand and suffer the bonds of tyranny, nor ignorance, laziness, cowardice. It is better that we die in our cause then to say that we took counsel among these.

oldfart

I don't believe I ever said a commissioner told me to work on the road in question. If would have been the road bosses that I have worked for. At least 10 times between 1994 and 1997 with one time 2008 or 2009 laid rock and bladed. There was at least 2 dump trucks involved besides my blade.

Hefe de vaca

I have personally been on said "road" many times in the past several years. There was no rock added nor grading done . Very little was done on the actual roads in the near vicinity. Perhaps you might ask the folks from Enel what they were dealing with when they took over maintenance ; roads that were totally unusable for their needs without considerable work. Our county roads need overhauled. Ditches created, roads crowned. They are indeed not much different than they were many years ago. As for preferencial treatment, I would say that the roads around each road employee's house, as well as the commissioners, are maintained better than most. Go figure. ::)

By the way, Road 7 is a north/ south road and could not be a link to Road 5 anyway. I believe most people posting don't know where the "road" in question actually is. I do.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk