road 7over eagle head

Started by oldfart, June 25, 2011, 04:58:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

The easement on this road would have been granted sometime between 1920 and 1954, the years of two of the maps that I have.  The 1954 map shows that road 5 ends at Killdeer, that Killdeear is a dirt road that ends about a half mile west of rd. 5.  The 1988 map shows that rd 5 ends in the middle of section 17, one and a half miles south of Killdeer, Killdeer ends at what would be rd 6 if it existed.  In 1954 there would have been an easement for these roads, but the fact that the 1988 map no longer shows the roads doesn't mean that the easements no longer exist.  In 1954, this was mostly T. C. McCory land.  Very little of it belonged to Perkins.  In 1988, it mostly belonged to one or another Perkins.

The 1954 map was made by Spencer Abstract of Howard.  The 1988 map was made by Elk County Abstract and Title Co. of Howard.  The 1920 map was made by Turner and Simons of Howard.

Perhaps the Appraiser's Office and the Road Department should confer and synchronize their information.

Ross

So, What is the purpose of the EASEMENT today?
Don't easments expire if not used for some purpose?

readyaimduck

QuoteI will believe what the cartographer told me.

As well you should.  She is good and knows her stuff.

QuotePerhaps the Appraiser's Office and the Road Department should confer and synchronize their information.
Good luck with that!  Very few 'men' that work in the Road & Bridge will confer with anyone other thant their supervisor.
If the Supervisor doesn't want it this information (his paycheck is signed by the commisioners) then he won't update.

Just from experience.

Wilma:  a side note....the maps change, the owners split/combine  out parcels for others, then easements come along for access.
I wouldn't trust a map from 1986, unless you have researched the history and the current deed.

readyaimduck

QuoteSo, What is the purpose of the EASEMENT today?
Don't easments expire if not used for some purpose?

An easement is access for  person A to go onto another person'B's  land for person's A business  (feed cattle, check oil and gas, get to their own land)

Wilma explained it earlier.

No expiration...it is a deed.

Ross

Quote from: readyaimduck on July 01, 2011, 08:56:52 PM
An easement is access for  person A to go onto another person'B's  land for person's a business  (feed cattle, check oil and gas, get to their own land)

Wilma explained it earlier.

I apparently missed it. That would change the question to what does Elk County need the easement for?
What is their need for the easement?
What business does Elk County have on the land?
Or is it someone else's easement?

Wilma

An easement does not expire unless there is an expiration date specified.  Since a road is a permanent improvement, an expiration date would be irrelavent or of no pertinent value.  Without an expiration date, the easement goes on forever or until it is specifically revoked, cancelled, made null and void, etc. AND is recorded with the Register of Deeds.

The easement in question is for the purpose of constructing and maintaining a road for the purpose of traveling from one place to another.  I have already explained the purpose of a road easement several times.  How (I need a nice word for thick headed here) are you?.

Hefe de vaca

You know people, if nothing else, this is somewhat a delving into history as well as county government. I think it's  8) . Where else can you get such a variety of people and knowledge creating a database about their surroundings! Glad to know you all.

readyaimduck

QuoteOr is it someone else's easement?
the name on the deed would tell you, but actually it wouldn't:
The landowner gives his right to a piece of a strip of land to someone (business or another tacpayer) that wants to access either something on his land, or access another piece of land that can only be accessed through this 'road;
Ross:  I may be wrong, and i will say if I am, that you may be tring to tie a sting to a lead balloon.

that would be an Elk Konnected string....trying to unravel a comissioner to an easement to the windfarm to Elk Konnected require too many dots for this beer drinking woman!   
:P

readyaimduck

:police:
heaven help my typing and spell check....sorry teachers/ guys!

Ross

Quote from: Wilma on July 01, 2011, 09:08:56 PM
An easement does not expire unless there is an expiration date specified.  Since a road is a permanent improvement, an expiration date would be irrelavent or of no pertinent value.  Without an expiration date, the easement goes on forever or until it is specifically revoked, cancelled, made null and void, etc. AND is recorded with the Register of Deeds.

The easement in question is for the purpose of constructing and maintaining a road for the purpose of traveling from one place to another.  I have already explained the purpose of a road easement several times.  How (I need a nice word for thick headed here) are you?.
Yes we understand your response for the purpoes of an easement.
But for what specific reason does the county need the easment for?
What specific reason does the County need access to the land. Does the county run cattle out there?
Does the county have oil or water wells out there?
Is the County incapable of driving around the property on other county roads?
What, why? When?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk