Thank you Waldo

Started by Teresa, June 19, 2011, 11:52:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

I want to thank you personally Waldo for doing an outstanding job with this section. Just this last week I have received 2 people that stopped me on the street and said  that they love the forum.. but the Good Old Days was their favorite of all. One lady told me that over Memorial Day.. She and her 2 brothers ( both from different states) stayed up into the wee hours reading all the topics in that section. They sure enjoyed it.. I give you huge credit for keeping it alive and interesting..
Once again.. Thank you very very much!
Teresa
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

W. Gray

Well, thank you.

First thing this morning I read one of Lookatmeknow's posts and it triggered a couple of Good Old Days memories.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

Many claps and a pat on your back. :-*

Marcia Moore

Waldo, I agree.  You are doing a great job.

flintauqua

Yes, thank you Waldo.  I have greatly appreciated the information you have shared with us (and the world) through your postings.  Maybe we can get things rocking and rolling again in this section, the way it used to be.

Charlie
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Diane Amberg

I'll second that motion.

Wilma

All in favor say "Aye".

flintauqua

"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Janet Harrington

I agree. This is my favorite and I wish I had time to pull out my research on the crimes in Elk County and post some of them. Maybe someday.

Teresa

Make sure you leave my name out of them.. (white them out or something.. ) :police:
I have my good reputation to protect you know... ;)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk