We're Buying THE house!

Started by farmgal67357, June 15, 2011, 09:58:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

I'm sure I'm premature with  telling this, but Howard does fireworks out at the lake for July 4th. The firefighters set them off for all to enjoy.

flintauqua

There's also a pretty darn good rodeo put on at the Elk County Rodeo Grounds (NE side of K99/US160 Jct.) on the 4th of July weekend.

JUL 3-4
MOLINE, KS  ACRA/IPRA
76th Annual Elk County Rodeo Association Rodeo
PERFS: Two: Jul 3-4 8pm BB, BR, SB, CR, SW, CBR, TR $750. adm - $43. EF - Total $5,250. - $12.00 SCF
HQ INFO: Books open Mon Jun. 27 6pm CST
Books Close Mon Jun. 27 10pm CST
Phone: 620-467-3742
Books will also be open Tues., June 28 6 p.m. to 10 p.m. Permits, locals & youth cards accepted- Outdoor arena-Fireworks display July 4th-Muttin Bustin 7:30 p.m. nightly-Jr. Barrels $10 ef (can not enter Sr & Jr Barrels)-Calf Scramble nightly-$250 Bonus BB-SB-BR.
STK CONT: Williams & Long Rodeo Co.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

greatguns

Congratulations on your purchase.  There is no better place to buy fireworks than at Piedmont Fireworks.  They come for miles and miles.

Jo McDonald

I'm sorry I missed meeting you---Derek (youngest son of Teresa ) is my Grandson and Rochelle is a wonderful addition to the Grandchildren end of the family.
I was at "your newly acquired home" earlier in the day - but had to return to my home, so missed meeting you.  :'(
 The 4th of July fireworks display -- held at Polk Daniels Lake--1 1/2 miles east of Howard will be on Saturday night - the 2nd of July - at dusk.  I hope you will be able to attend.  It is truly AWESOME.  Donations given to the city make it all possible.
 WELCOME TO HOWARD -- THE BEST OF THE BEST LITTLE TOWNS, IN AMERICA !!!
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

flintauqua

Now Jo, there you go with the "Howard First" non-sense again.  Everyone knows Moline's the 'hub' of Elk County. LOL

Seriously, I think you will find all of the towns and communities of Elk County (and the surrounding area) to be very pleasant and friendly, and each a unique gem in it's own way.  Please enjoy them all:  Howard, Moline, Longton, Grenola, and Elk Falls in Elk County; Severy, Fall River, Piedmont, Latham, Beaumont, Cambridge, Elk City, and New Albany very close by.  And if you have really good tires, you can see what's left of some other communities and get a feel for why people thought there ought to be a town there.  Places like Busby, Upola, Grand Summit, Belknap, Hale, etc.

Welcome to Howard and Elk County!

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Jo McDonald

Charlie,
I was born 1 1/2 miles East of Howard..Fred was born and raised at Busby, I'm a true Longton-ite.... we both graduated from Longton, moved from Howard to Yates Center then to Welch, Oklahoma then back to Pittsburg, KS then to Minnesota and Texas and now the "bad penny" has come full circle.  I'm truly proud to be back in ELK COUNTY !
(  especially back in Howard --whispering)
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Janet Harrington

I want to say welcome to Elk County, the most beautiful county in the entire State of Kansas. I always said, no matter what corner of Elk County you travel to, you will find beauty. It is a great place to live.

Teresa

Generally .. we try to hit the rodeo one night in Moline for awhile.... watch the fireworks in Howard the next night.... then go to the Piedmont rodeo and watch the awesome display of fireworks there the next night..(Howard tries to schedule their display on the night that Piedmont doesn't have theirs so people can enjoy both if they want.) .. Plus eat and fish and ride 4 wheelers and shoot some guns..all being surrounded by family ( which is the very very best)  Its a busy busy long weekend.. Glad you bought the house.. The house has "good energy".. and you have nice neighbors. Hope you will be happy here.  :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

flintauqua

Quote from: Jo McDonald on June 16, 2011, 10:48:19 PM
Charlie,
I was born 1 1/2 miles East of Howard..Fred was born and raised at Busby, I'm a true Longton-ite.... we both graduated from Longton, moved from Howard to Yates Center then to Welch, Oklahoma then back to Pittsburg, KS then to Minnesota and Texas and now the "bad penny" has come full circle.  I'm truly proud to be back in ELK COUNTY !
(  especially back in Howard --whispering)

Sorry Jo,  Only the first sentence of my post was addressed to you, but I made that about as clear as a Kansas dirt cake.  I should have typed in that the remainder was directed at farmgirl Lisa. 

And I wouldn't consider you to be a 'bad penny'  More like a well-traveled coin that was so well minted, its luster has never tarnished.

Charlie

Diane Amberg

Are you flattering for baked goods? ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk