Did You Know.....

Started by Warph, June 10, 2011, 11:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

larryJ

You must be lost, jughead, all the condors are in Northern California.  And, I am pretty sure ol' Warph lives in a gated community, so lots of luck getting in.   :laugh:

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Diane Amberg

That gate is to keep him from getting out. Very common out there.

doobie

Did You Know-------It has now been over 100 days since there was an assault on one of our local citizens? Witnessed by two individuals, in daylight hours. Two men pulled another man off a running tractor when he was doing volunteer mowing for the city of Elk Falls, and beat him. Reports were filed witness statements taken and NOTHING has been done.......way to go Elk county, I'm so damn proud to live here.
CAUTION: if instrument is shaken sufficiently to cause arm to swing violently, damage may occur!

Wilma

Perhaps the victim refused to press charges.  The law cannot do anything without a warrant and a warrant won't be issued unless there is sufficient evidence to show cause, such as witnesses or the victim.  The law can investigate a complaint, but unless an eyewitness is willing to testify, there is nothing that the law can do.  Was there a complaint filed?  Was there a warrant issued?  Why hasn't the public heard more about this including names of victim and assailants.  Something like this has surely hit the grapevine.  The victim has to take the responsibility of testifying if he wants anything done.

larryJ

@Diane, you are probably right.  However, in using Google Earth, I did see a big sign on the gate that says.

NO SALESPEOPLE ALLOWED
NO JEHOVAH WITNESSES ALLOWED
NO PETS, (EXCEPT SERVICE ANIMALS), ALLOWED
AND ESPECIALLY..............

NO MARINES ALLOWED. :laugh:

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Warph

Quote from: larryJ on December 03, 2011, 09:23:23 AM
@Diane, you are probably right.  However, in using Google Earth, I did see a big sign on the gate that says.

NO SALESPEOPLE ALLOWED
NO JEHOVAH WITNESSES ALLOWED
NO PETS, (EXCEPT SERVICE ANIMALS), ALLOWED
AND ESPECIALLY..............

NO MARINES ALLOWED. :laugh:

Larryj

You forgot mormons.  I have alerted security (former AP's) at the front gate that a grunt is on the loose.  They wanted to know what he looks like and I told them to picture a Arizona Condor, red beak and all, and likes to sit in palm trees and crap on sidewalks.
It will cost me a few beers but what the hey.. better to be safe from condor poo, than sorry.

(How about dem Denver Broncos... Tebow might be for real)
"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

....that:
•The largest animal that ever lived is also currently living -- the blue whale.
•The world consumes 2 quarts (approx. 2 liters) of oil per person per day.
•If Earth was the size of a basketball, the moon would be the size of a tennis ball and they'd be 25 feet apart.
•For every 100 girls born in China, 119 boys are born.
•Of all the people in history that have reached 65 years of age, half of them are living right now.
•If Earth's life was compressed into one year, then humans would have been around for only 2 seconds.
•The Middle East's population almost tripled over the last 30 years.
--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Warph

....that Scientists create strands of "Invisibility Cloak" .... This video demonstrates an "invisibility cloak" that can make objects beneath it disappear.  Scientist Ali Aliev at the University of Texas in Dallas is working on a technology that uses thin threads of carbon nanotubes that, when heated rapidly, makes it look like the objects under the tubing disappear.  This technique uses the "mirage effect."  When the carbon tubes get extremely hot, their surface bends light around it and "hides" the object.  This big change in temperature over a small distance bends light rays so they're sent towards the eye tricking the brain into thinking the rods are invisible.  Experts say this technology can be used for military tanks and planes with temperature-sensitive plates.

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

....that China is the world's biggest english-speaking nation?  Or that India has more people with IQ's over 120 than the total population of the USA?  Or that a home computer in 2049 will have more computing power than the total human species of 2011?

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

....that the 3 most valuable brand names on earth: Coca-Cola, IBM and Microsoft, in that order as of 2009.  Google is 7th, but it did not even make the top 100 until 2005.

The founder of McDonald's has a Bachelor degree in Hamburgerology.

Colgate's first toothpaste came in a jar.

Clans of long ago that wanted to get rid of their unwanted people without killing them used to burn their houses down - hence the expression "to get fired."

Warren Buffet, started out as a Pinball repairman.

Youngest member of The Forbes 400: Mark Zuckerberg, 25 Net Worth: $2 billion.

Yahoo! was originally called 'Jerry's Guide to the World Wide Web'.

The first ATMs were installed in NYC in 1977 at Citibank branches.

When Scott Paper Company first started manufacturing toilet paper they did not put their name on the product because of embarrassment.

Wal-Mart has "revenues that exceed those of Target, Home Depot, Sears, Kmart, Safeway, and Kroger -- combined."

Walt Disney World generates about 120,000 pounds of garbage every day.

Farthest you can get from a McDonald's in the USA: 107 miles as the crow flies, 145 miles by car.

In the 40's, the Bich pen was changed to Bic for fear that Americans would pronounce it 'Bitch.'
--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk