The new Prohibition! Bring your hammers and smash the bottles...

Started by Patriot, June 03, 2011, 11:00:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Inch by inch.  Government's good, government knows best, government is your friend, government is here to help you.  First it was milk...

FDA seizes Wyldewood Cellars' elderberry juice over health claims

WICHITA, Kansas – U.S. Marshals converged on a Mulvane winery this week and seized all its elderberry juice concentrate. For years, Wyldewood Cellars has been selling the juice and the company has offered customer claims that the juice helps with various medical conditions.

But the Food and Drug Administration says Wyldewood cannot make those claims, so it asked U.S. Marshals to go in and seize the product.

Those who run Wyldewood Cellars say they've worked with the FDA in the past in regards to health claims and they're not sure what the FDA wants to see change now.

"I don't even know what they want at this point," said John Brewer with Wyldewood Cellars. "Until the attorneys can get together and go over what's going on, I have no idea."

The owners of Wyldewood say elderberry juice is one of their best sellers and they are not allowed to sell the product until the matter is cleared up with the FDA.

Link:  http://www.ksn.com/news/local/story/FDA-seizes-Wyldewood-Cellars-elderberry-juice/Fram09rlYEy-gdZtEmBewA.cspx

I've heard their ads.  The spokesperson speaks of her personal expierences & those reported by their customers.  Just short of at large claims about the product.  I think they need to have a community conversation about this.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Roma Jean Turner

People using something like Elderberry juice to improve one's health might take a few dollars away from the drug companies.

jarhead

I can only speak of my own experience with using elderberry concentrate. I make my own but hate the taste of the stuff ( unless it's in the form of wine,) so I started making it and adding honey, as I figger the honey is good for a soul too. Instead of taking a teaspoon a day I take a "gulp". After a daily "Gulp", in just a short time I quit my blood pressure meds and my diabetes meds. That was almost two years ago and so far my sugar & blood pressure are A-OK, plus my cholesterol numbers went down. Now back to my lab as the mulberries are ripe to see what kind of voodoo medicine I can make with them----after I make a batch of mulberry wine and jelly for Jo McD !!!

Ross

Wow, jarhead that is terrific. I guess I should try that?

Don't forget the raw milk I was raised on. It's a killer. Oh, wait a minute I'm still alive.

jarhead

Ross,
I really don't know if elderberry helps or not---Steve said he would give me $20 to say that to help promote his honey sales !!  ;D ;D
OK, that's a big ol windy---it did do what I claimed.

Patriot

Quote from: jarhead on June 05, 2011, 09:38:42 AM
Ross,
I really don't know if elderberry helps or not---Steve said he would give me $20 to say that to help promote his honey sales !!  ;D ;D

LOL... So it's Steve's honey that works best.  Got it.  Now, are you bottling the ol windy, or is there another source?

Ross

Quote from: jarhead on June 05, 2011, 09:38:42 AM
Ross,
I love it. Great sense of humor.

jarhead

Quote from Patriot :
Now, are you bottling the ol windy, or is there another source?

Nice try Patriot.I know you are trying to goad me into saying something about ol Sarge---a long necked empty  wine bottle---and Vaseline------And I aint falling for your game!! I can only trash talk ol Sarge just so much, then he likes to punch me in the eye---again .Plus it's almost hot enough to take the goony bird fishing. It's a hoot to see him getting all hot and going in to his heat exhaustion mode. Flops down on the river bank and does his "carp out of the water" imitation. Yep,it's a hoot !!

kshillbillys

Ronnie: There are so many days that I feel sorry for Joyce just being married to you. I hope she doesn't know about half the windies you tell on here!! But then you amuse me and totally redeem yourself!---Jennifer
ROBERT AND JENNIFER WALKER

YOU CALL US HILLBILLYS LIKE THAT'S A BAD THING! WE ARE SO FLATTERED!

THAT'S MS. HILLBILLY TO YOU!

Patriot

Quote from: jarhead on June 05, 2011, 10:06:26 AM
Quote from Patriot :
Now, are you bottling the ol windy, or is there another source?

Nice try Patriot.I know you are trying to goad me into saying something about ol Sarge---a long necked empty  wine bottle---and Vaseline------And I aint falling for your game!! I can only trash talk ol Sarge just so much, then he likes to punch me in the eye---again .Plus it's almost hot enough to take the goony bird fishing. It's a hoot to see him getting all hot and going in to his heat exhaustion mode. Flops down on the river bank and does his "carp out of the water" imitation. Yep,it's a hoot !!

Vaseline never entered the equation.  LOL

By the way, do you get Sarge to pick your elderberries while you two are out fishing? 

"carp out of the water" imitation?  Something's fishy here.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk