Godzilla Returns!!

Started by sixdogsmom, June 01, 2011, 07:53:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sixdogsmom

Yippee! TCM is designating this month as drive-in double feature month and Thursdays are dedicated to the old Sci-Fi thrillers we enjoyed in the 1950's. Kickoff is tomorrow night at 7:00 PM with a Godzilla movie. Lovin' it! Whoopeee!  :D :D
Edie

Teresa

Get the popcorn out and get ready.. :)

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Wilma

Thanks for warning me.  Now I know what to stay away from.

thatsMRSc2u

Those movies used to crack me up...I liked Godzilla vs Mothra :)

Diane Amberg

farmgal67357

Quote from: sixdogsmom on June 01, 2011, 07:53:42 PM
Yippee! TCM is designating this month as drive-in double feature month and Thursdays are dedicated to the old Sci-Fi thrillers we enjoyed in the 1950's. Kickoff is tomorrow night at 7:00 PM with a Godzilla movie. Lovin' it! Whoopeee!  :D :D

TCM is one of my favorite channels. I am a big movie fan, I even like the silent ones. Thursday night this month are going to be fun! I watched all the "bug" movies last night, and I think Wasp Woman is my fave! I like Godzilla too, but I like Mothra and Gamera (the giant turtle that spins as it flys) the best.

Lisa
Lisa

W. Gray

I recall seeing THEM and TARANTULA in the theater as a kid.

Everyone was scared to death.

I watched both last night on TCM and had to chuckle about how bad they were.

But they both were rather good for their time.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

farmgal67357

Quote from: W. Gray on June 10, 2011, 04:42:02 PM
I recall seeing THEM and TARANTULA in the theater as a kid.

Everyone was scared to death.

I watched both last night on TCM and had to chuckle about how bad they were.

But they both were rather good for their time.

They were pretty much the same movie! Them was cool because it had James Arness in it. God bless him, I loved me some Matt Dillon. And Fess Parker had a small roll as a patient in a hospital that saw THEM! I loved Daniel Boone too, I think I saw it in re-runs.

I have a 21 year old son who hated spiders as a kid. Tarantula would have given him nightmares for weeks!

Lisa
Lisa

sixdogsmom

Last night was awesome! Five old sci-fi movies back to back and 1/4 inch of rain to boot! I think that those corny old movies helped our younger generation to overcome the nuclear fear we were raised with.  :D
Edie

farmgal67357

Ya know, you could be right. Hubby thinks Godzilla was invented to help the Japanese deal with the effects of the H-bomb and all the earthquakes they have. In the original Godzilla move, there were references to Hiroshima and Nagasaki that were taken out when it was shown in the US. Godzilla is like the embodiment of all that bad stuff.

Lisa
Lisa

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk