Elk Konnected & Public Square update?

Started by Patriot, May 31, 2011, 08:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Quote from: jprxmkt on June 03, 2011, 12:37:08 PM
Or perhaps the real reason is they are tired of having their words twisted into something other than what they meant.

Tired?  Whose tired?  The seemingly hidden owners of a privately held company or the volunteers who do their public bidding?  Or are they really one and the same.  Clarification is lacking.  I would prefer to see the private company owners stand up and address whatever is being 'twisted'.  Words from the horse's front end would be most helpful.  Open public discourse provides the sunshine needed to see clearly...Silence connotes consent.

Too often 'spokespersons' do all the 'explaining' in America.  Soundbites from subordinates.   From corporate to politic, the people in charge too often send underlings out to 'tell their story', while those who should be accountable hide in the shadows, unwilling to answer openly & personally.  Whatever happened to open debate between the public and the powerful?

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Wilma

Would you mind naming the private company once again?  I can't seem to keep it straight just who you are talking about.  It does have a name, doesn't it?

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on June 04, 2011, 12:35:42 PM
Would you mind naming the private company once again?  I can't seem to keep it straight just who you are talking about.  It does have a name, doesn't it?

I believe your answer is in reply #38 on the following page...

http://www.cascity.com/howard/forum/index.php/topic,11780.30.html

But then you already knew that, didn't you?

Wilma

Oh, that.  I thought that had been explained to you a long time ago.  A private company and you are questioning their--what?  You are demanding that a private company answer your questions in public?  What gives you the right to demand answers from or about a private company?

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on June 05, 2011, 12:16:45 PM
Oh, that.  I thought that had been explained to you a long time ago.  A private company and you are questioning their--what?  You are demanding that a private company answer your questions in public?  What gives you the right to demand answers from or about a private company?

Demanding?  No.  Requesting.  Yes.  Primarily regarding their use of taxpayer resources and any relationships with government.  And the demonizing tactics aren't going to deter anything, Wilma. 

On a related note, has anyone noticed that conservatives and conservative leaning citizens no longer seem to quickly cave at the endless attempts made by progressive liberals to attack their motives or malign their character?  Eventually truth and real transparency become more important in the overall picture than the need to avoid petty criticism.

redcliffsw

srkruzich

Quote from: Wilma on June 05, 2011, 12:16:45 PM
The fact that they accept tax money requires them to disclose such receipts
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Wilma

Patriot

Quote from: srkruzich on June 06, 2011, 08:04:22 AM
The fact that they accept tax money requires them to disclose such receipts

And wouldn't it be nice if the taxpayers could see that published voluntarily?

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on June 06, 2011, 08:40:46 AM
What tax money?  When?  How much?

Money received from the county, the city councils in Longton, Elk Falls, Moline, Grenola, Howard, Sevrey and grant money from the state.  Are you saying they haven't asked for or received any money from those sources?  Come on... you may have been born at night, but surely not last night. Voluntary publication by the recipients of when and how much would be a good start at honest, above board transparency.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk