Elk Konnected & Public Square update?

Started by Patriot, May 31, 2011, 08:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Lookatmeknow!!

No, he isn't. I am not a member of Elk Konnect. I am a person of my own beliefs and state what I want when I want. I do hold my tongue on things, cause for one thing I tend to get a little lippy sometimes!!! But I have attended a community conversionation. I wasn't told what to think or say. I stated what I felt was on my mind, put out suggestions, and listened with an open mind. A good leader does go into a meeting with notes on what should happen. They are there to assist the group, that is it. If the group goes in the totally wrong direction it is the leaders place to get it on track. I have no experiance with leading adult groups only kids. But I feel that for me being a leader for 4-H is to promote 4-H to the youth, make each individual feel welcome, but the group of kids need to make the decisions about what the club does and doesn't do, especially with the money that they earn. It's my place as a leader to make sure that they do do a few things, but for the most part the group decides for themselves what happens and when.

I never in anyway felt that Elk Konnect forced me to believe one way or another. I actually take offense to the remarks that you have made in other threads that people are made to follow them. As I am NOT a member, I am not a talking person for the group either. I just know friends that are members and I feel that the group is getting put down for no reason at all!!! >:(
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

srkruzich

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on May 31, 2011, 08:31:20 AM
No, he isn't. I am not a member of Elk Konnect. I am a person of my own beliefs and state what I want when I want. I do hold my tongue on things, cause for one thing I tend to get a little lippy sometimes!!! But I have attended a community conversionation. I wasn't told what to think or say. I stated what I felt was on my mind, put out suggestions, and listened with an open mind. A good leader does go into a meeting with notes on what should happen. They are there to assist the group, that is it. If the group goes in the totally wrong direction it is the leaders place to get it on track. I have no experiance with leading adult groups only kids. But I feel that for me being a leader for 4-H is to promote 4-H to the youth, make each individual feel welcome, but the group of kids need to make the decisions about what the club does and doesn't do, especially with the money that they earn. It's my place as a leader to make sure that they do do a few things, but for the most part the group decides for themselves what happens and when.

I never in anyway felt that Elk Konnect forced me to believe one way or another. I actually take offense to the remarks that you have made in other threads that people are made to follow them. As I am NOT a member, I am not a talking person for the group either. I just know friends that are members and I feel that the group is getting put down for no reason at all!!! >:(

IF it quacks like a duck.....  This group is manipulative.  Why else will they not answer vaild questions in a meeting or even when asked on a forum that they read.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Wilma

Because they are smart enough to not subject themselves to the whatever some of you guys have going on.  A person can't make any kind of a remark anymore without it being torn apart.  Do you call that an exchange of ideas?  You have to keep your mouth shut to learn.  Did you ever notice that when your mouth is open your ears are closed? 

Lookatmeknow!!

Because anyone out there in this world can claim to be anyone!! Don't you work with computers??? Have you never heard the term hacked!! I wouldn't respond to your question, even if I wanted to on here. It just isn't right!! Yes, this is a public forum. But when the school news comes out the teachers and employees of the school don't respond to the questions and things on here. Just isn't the place. It's a discussion forum, not you ask all the question and receive the answers!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

srkruzich

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on May 31, 2011, 02:49:48 PM
Because anyone out there in this world can claim to be anyone!! Don't you work with computers??? Have you never heard the term hacked!! I wouldn't respond to your question, even if I wanted to on here. It just isn't right!! Yes, this is a public forum. But when the school news comes out the teachers and employees of the school don't respond to the questions and things on here. Just isn't the place. It's a discussion forum, not you ask all the question and receive the answers!!!
Hacked???  What has that got to do with answering a question?   You can't hack a question.   Secondly, i doubt seriously that This board will get hacked.  I know mine is not hackable.  :D  I designed it. :

srkruzich

The only reason they do not answer it on a forum is that it is put in writing.  They are afraid to put anything in writing.

jprxmkt

Or perhaps the real reason is they are tired of having their words twisted into something other than what they meant.

Wilma

Right on there.  It is not a conversation or exchange of ideas.  Just an opportunity to rearrange some else's post.

Diane Amberg

That's OK, one isn't answering my questions either, just criticising my word choices.  That's still called deflection and some people are very good at it. Next time, and I hope there isn't one, I may have to string out every synonym  I can think of so at least one noun has to be correct. ;D ;D ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk