Let's Stop Being Manipulated!....

Started by redcliffsw, May 31, 2011, 05:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on June 01, 2011, 07:06:17 AM
. Other people have told me that they have stopped reading the forum because of all the negative comments.

Quote from: Wilma on June 01, 2011, 08:05:54 AM
Angie is right.  How many members do we have that are no longer posting?  I could do a little research and tell you just exactly who was posting a year ago that is no longer posting.  I feel as if we have lost the best part of this forum and I could also tell you exactly who has killed it.

Since I am the only one with "real" access to who  does and doesn't read the forum and how many unique hits we have in here.. then I think I might be the only one in here that can say who is right and who is wrong in this particular case.. Not to mention names ( as I never do)... but just this week alone, I have received 23 messages and emails telling me that although they do not post and most are not even logged in.. They DO in fact read the politics... and more than not are glad that some have the "stuff" it takes to bring up ( what a few of you consider negative) issues and concerns about things that go on within out county and government. )
So .......... no one is "killing" this forum and threads... Its as usual with anything.. if there is disagreement.. then only one side is happy at t a time.. and the happy side is that with which you agree.. :)
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

larryJ

Angie, I decided some time ago that I would not engage in anything posted on the politics section of the forum.  I do read it if I see something that looks promising or interesting.  But, being an "out-of-towner", I can't comment on local issues and won't.  I have mentioned before about wondering how a group of people living all together in one place and who basically know each other, more or less, can be so insensitive.  But, as Teresa says, there are always two sides and you are either going to agree or disagree.  I think it would be a better section if someone were to say-----"I disagree with your idea, opinion, thought, etc., but I recognize your right to say it" rather than, "You are an idiot or a communist or real goofball for saying what you said."  

This is a big forum with a wide variety of topics to read and comment on.  I would rather enjoy the really good and interesting parts of the forum than read all the negative comments in Politics.  

Larryj (why am I posting in Politics when I said I wouldn't?)
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Wilma

Larry, because you are a good and wise man and being so, cannot keep silent about something that you think needs to be done in a better way.  I always read anything you have posted.

Ross

Quote from: Teresa on June 01, 2011, 08:53:14 AM
Since I am the only one with "real" access to who  does and doesn't read the forum and how many unique hits we have in here..
I truely appreciate your Candor. Thank you, thank you.

Wilma

Have you called the Attorney General yet?

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on June 01, 2011, 06:49:21 PM
Have you called the Attorney General yet?

Why your sudden obsession with the attorney general?  This is about public opinion and politics.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

readyaimduck

and the attorney general is not the one to call....did you and your members move my post???  if ,and I say IF there is impropriety, not  acrime...you contact the KCCA (Kansas County Comissioners Association).  They are the governing body for the county comissiioners as to ethics violations....wow, like talking to a brick wall.

DUCK

Wilma

You are right, duck.  I hadn't heard of them.  And since all the bad comments on the post are not producing results, it is time to turn it over to the proper authorities.

Ross

Quote from: Wilma on June 02, 2011, 06:40:01 AM
You are right, duck.  I hadn't heard of them.  And since all the bad comments on the post are not producing results, it is time to turn it over to the proper authorities.
Are you volunteering?
I believe the rest of us taxpaying citizens are trying to engage them in a real conversation, not a facilitator controlled conversation.

Diane Amberg

Ross, have you picked up the phone and talked to Liz? Made an appointment to see her? Surely you bump into her and others you feel are the leaders...Have you asked your questions then? E-mail ? Bill Boards?   (Just kidding on that last one.) Are you planning to run against her in her next election?  Are factions being created? For what good in the end?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk