It is time that Republicans grow a pair.

Started by Warph, May 27, 2011, 12:55:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warph

The reality is that politics isn't a game for kind hearts and gentle spirits.... it's a blood sport with everything from war to energy policy to tax rates riding on the outcome.  Therefore, it teeters on the insane when conservatives demean the less conservative as Republicans in Name Only (RINOS).  Whether out of true conviction or mere geography.... not everyone in America is going to be as conservative as you might like, but in the real world a RINO is better than a liberal... sort of.  So... as off-putting as they can sometimes be, people like Scott Brown, Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe, are preferable to Harry Reid, Barbara Boxer and Charles Schumer.  I, for one, will always prefer a senator who votes the way I like 50% of the time or even 10% of the time to someone who carries Obuma's water 24/7.  And, to be fair, in liberal states such as Maine and Massachusetts, states that Obuma won with over 54% of the vote in 2008, we're lucky to have three senators willing to appear in public with a big, fat (R) target on their backs.

George W. Bush was not my ideal, but I will forever be grateful that he kept Al Gore and John Kerry out of the Oval Office and, moreover, appointed John Roberts and Samuel Alito to the Supreme Court.  Not too shabby for a RINO.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Patriot

Makes sense.  Hard ideology is fine as a matter of debate & personal belief systems.  But in the real world of politics & policy making, some compromise is necessary or 1) nothing gets done, or 2) the crazies take over the asylum (2009-2010 come to mind).  Sometimes 'the lesser of two evils' is the way to prevent stagnation. 

Now, can we admit our One Big A*sed Mistake for America, and deport Napolitano, Pelosi, Reid, Stearn, Sebelius, Holder, their Dear Leader & company? :P

Good thoughts, Warph.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Diane Amberg

One very small, now unimportant correction. George Bush did not keep Al Gore out of the white house,the electoral college did.

Warph

You can add to that list.... Henry Waxman, Maxine Waters, Hillary Clinton and, believe it or not, Ron Paul.
Paul has some strange clownish ideas bouncing around his numb skull.

I'm afraid that when it comes to playing hardball, the Republicans simply aren't in the same division, let alone the same league, as democrats.  Partly that's because the liberals are in control of the MSM... so that when a liberal accuses conservatives of, say, setting out to starve your granny... or flipping her off a cliff.... he can count on the NY Times, the liberal alphabet networks and the numbskulls on 'The View,' to provide Mr. Demo with a gigantic bullhorn.

But it is also the result of Republican politicians being as gutless as the kid who allows himself to be constantly cowed by the schoolyard bully. The mere notion of being called a racist, a fascist or a homophobe, is enough to send them scurrying for cover like a flock of Chicken Littles.  Its enough to make John Boehner cry.

The sad political fact is that if you give a democrat an inch, he'll take a yard.  Give a Republican a yard and he'll resist taking an inch.

Also... let me add John McCain.  I'm sick and tired of McCain's using his own years as a POW as a club with which to bash those in favor of enhanced interrogation.  Even McCain, who was a war hero 40 years ago but pretty much a dunderheaded clown ever since, should understand the difference between North Vietnamese torturing American soldiers because they felt like it and waterboarding a handful of Muslim terrorists in order to avoid a reoccurrence of 9/11 or to lead us to bin Laden's lair.

--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Patriot

Quote from: Warph on May 27, 2011, 02:21:59 PM
I'm afraid that when it comes to playing hardball, the Republicans simply aren't in the same division, let alone the same league, as democrats.

I opine that you are correct, and that trait probably stems from a misguided application of the 'turn the other cheek' teaching.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Warph

Whoops... sorry Patroit.  I left Debbie Wasserman-Schultz off the list, the new head of the DNC, is any ditzier than any of her predecessors, one of whom was the clown prince of Cuckooland, Howard Dean.  But, then, the truth is, it would be next to impossible to be that goofy unless you were competing in a contest and there was big money riding on the outcome.  Still, every time I look at Ms. Wasserman-Schultz, I'm reminded of that little androgynous persona that master ventriloquist Senor Wences used to create by drawing a face with lipstick on his fist and adorning it with a tiny little curly blonde wig.
--Warph

-- Warph

Roma Jean Turner

HA HA HA   I've been trying to figure out what seemed  familiar to me about her.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk