limestone road

Started by oldfart, May 23, 2011, 04:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oldfart

I went out on lime stone road going out to the west ,company working on the project bladed it smooth maybe MR. LACKEY  and his bosses see how roads bladed by someone not under his control should look like.

Teresa

I have to say that I wish all our country county roads were done like this.. My gosh!! it is awesome.. smooth and hard like a highway.. There are some wash board places kinda in a few places.. but that is so very tolerable... its a pleasure to drive Limestone now..  I hate hate hate all that big chunky rock that they put on the roads.. I wish the county would take some lessons here and do this to all the roads.. it would save on rock and save on tires and wear and tear on the trucks and cars that use the roads.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

Patriot

Quote from: oldfart on May 23, 2011, 04:04:19 PM
I went out on lime stone road going out to the west ,company working on the project bladed it smooth maybe MR. LACKEY  and his bosses see how roads bladed by someone not under his control should look like.

I'm sure a virtually unlimited fuel & labor budget helps too.  And I imagine the area residents are thrilled.  Now, who are Mr. Lackey's bosses?
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Teresa

I don't see where unlimited fuel and labor have any argument in this situation. Doesn't take any more labor or any more cost to blade them smooth than it does for the unlimited trips back and forth to put that god awful huge rock on the road that tears up your tires.
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

readyaimduck

When I drove the Elk county roads for 8 years, I only got a flat when they graded, put that huge rock down, and then wondered if the graders were properly trained?  Seems to me grading a road, and Elk county has some great back roads....the persons doing the grading has to have some type of knowledge as to slope vs grade vs weak spots (which cause washboards... or warshboards by digging too deep)   ???  I am not so sure money has to do with this, it is training.
Ready

readyaimduck

and who is MR LACKEY??? that you so detest?

Patriot

Quote from: Teresa on May 23, 2011, 05:17:46 PM
I don't see where unlimited fuel and labor have any argument in this situation. Doesn't take any more labor or any more cost to blade them smooth than it does for the unlimited trips back and forth to put that god awful huge rock on the road that tears up your tires.

Likely true, Teresa.  So how do we get those bosses sufficiently engaged?
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

pepelect

Show me a contractor that can maintain 705 miles of road for the county's road budget and I am sure they would have a job.  

Limestone has already had the huge rock put on it.  It just has had so much traffic it smashed to nothing.  

readyaimduck

QuoteLimestone has already had the huge rock pit on it.  It just has had so much traffic it smashed to nothing.   

Limestone is a soft rock, that would be like putting shale on the roads.....what's up with the application of rock??

oldfart

first off Mr Lackeys bosses are the commissioners ,second limestone is not soft like shale ,and does not break up that easy companys come long distance to get rock from this area ,because it is harder than any where in state.I know this cause I did quality control testing for local quarry for several years

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk