Monster Tornado Hits Joplin Missouri

Started by sixdogsmom, May 22, 2011, 06:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flintauqua

"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

patyrn

I just saw on Facebook that Randy and Patty Wiseman's son-in-law is a manager at the destroyed Wal-Mart in Joplin and was injured.  He has been taken to a hospital in Pittsburg, Kansas with leg and arm injuries but hopefully will be fine.  Prayers to all in that area!!!

Roma Jean Turner

Afriend of mine caught in it says there are entire apartment complexes flattened and dead animals everywhere.  Bless his heart terrible to see.

Roma Jean Turner

He said Rangeline is gone.  All the complexes behind WalMart as well.  Said the Pepsi Factory, WalMart and Archimedy were full of people and just flattened.  It was 3 miles wide and 1 mile long.  So sad, he says he is cold.

sixdogsmom

Some years back, my sister had open heart surgery at St. Johns, she had been sent to Freeman hosp. from Grove, Oklahoma. I first saw her there, and marveled at how small that hospital was. Hubby and I transported her to St. Johns for her surgery. I cannot imagine a tiny hospital like Freeman trying to cope with this disaster. It is commendable that the design and construction of St. Johns only resulted in the four reported deaths. From the devastation at the shoppin center, I shudder to think of the results had St. Johns been lesser designed and built. May God shed his mercy on all these poor folk.  :'(
Edie

thatsMRSc2u

Boy it has been a wild night in this neck of the woods. I am so grateful my family is fine.

Roma Jean Turner

Good to hear from you.  When they were talking about it heading to Pineville i was wondering about you and my good friend Dr Norman Smith and his family.  Was anything in Pineville damaged?

thatsMRSc2u

not that I know of Roma but I just got up :P was stormin till bout 2 so I am catchin up :P

thatsMRSc2u

found reports of damage in Lanagan and Southwest city, Wentworth in Missouri. Grove, Bernice and Zena in Oklahoma. My son lives in Grove, they are ok but I'm gonna go over there later :P so far everybody we know is ok, some injuries and home losses amongst in-laws

patyrn

Great news to find out everyone is okay!!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk