High crimes and misdemeanors..... time to call for impeachment?

Started by Patriot, May 21, 2011, 08:26:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Patriot

1.  The Constitution vests the sole power to declare war in the US Congress.
2.  The War Powers Act allows the President to engage our armed forces in acts amounting to war for a period of 60 days without seeking congressional approval. to facilite the need for emergency protection of US interests.
3.  As of today, President Obama has so engaged our troops in a foreign nation, Libya, for 60 days.
4.  As of today Obama has told congress he does not need their approval to continue fighting in Libya.

Has Obama usurped the Constitution and US law?  Methinks so.

White House on War Powers Deadline: 'Limited' US Role in Libya Means No Need to Get Congressional Authorization

Jake Tapper
ABC News
May 20, 2011 7:14 PM

In an effort to satisfy those arguing he needs to seek congressional authorization to continue US military activity in accordance with the War Powers Resolution, President Obama wrote a letter to congressional leaders this afternoon suggesting that the role is now so "limited" he does not need to seek congressional approval.

Full article: http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2011/05/white-house-on-war-powers-deadline-limited-us-role-in-libya-means-no-need-to-get-congressional-autho.html

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

srkruzich

Congress now needs to do its job and cut ALL FUNDING for this.  He will have no choice but to pull the troops out.
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

Warph

He lies about the rate of inflation in our country and cuts the COLA for several years for CITIZENS... yet now he wants to give BILLIONS to a country that will most likely turn on us??  It would cost a helluva lot less... perhaps only $300,000... to impeach Obuma so lets save money by impeaching him.  And while we're at it, George Soros should be indicted and charged by the RICO ACT.  Without Soro's, the Obumanator would be lost.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Anmar

I'll support the impeachment of Obama for this act, right after they throw the Bush administration in prison for doing the same thing.  (which most of you supported at the time)
"The chief source of problems is solutions"

Warph

Quote from: Anmar on May 21, 2011, 05:11:52 PM
I'll support the impeachment of Obama for this act, right after they throw the Bush administration in prison for doing the same thing.  (which most of you supported at the time)

"you talkin' to me...? you Talkin' To Me....? you talk.. YOU TALKIN' TO ME?... I'm the only one here, who the f*** do you think you're talkin' to... oh yeah.. huh?"
--Warph

-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Patriot

Quote from: Anmar on May 21, 2011, 05:11:52 PM
I'll support the impeachment of Obama for this act, right after they throw the Bush administration in prison for doing the same thing.  (which most of you supported at the time)

I believe Bush complied with the requirements of the War Powers Resolution.  Congress voted to approve... several times.  Same thing?  I think not.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Warph

How much do Americans have to bear of the blatant dishonest and outright destruction of America by Obuma and his minions?  Impeachment at  the federal level is guided by:
Article Two of the United States Constitution (Section 4) that states that "The President, Vice President, and all other civil Officers of the United States shall be removed from Office on Impeachment for, and Conviction of, Treason, Bribery, or other High Crimes and Misdemeanors."  The House of Representatives has the sole power of impeaching, while the United States Senate has the sole power to try all impeachments.  The removal of impeached officials is automatic upon conviction in the Senate.

Obuma's White House minions fraudulently rewrote the BP oil spill report... wrote hundreds of waivers from Obumacare as campaign support payoffs... contempt of Federal Court as to the Gulf oil moratorium.  Ironically more contempt charges coming for Obuma: he's ignoring the Federal courts again over Obumacare being struck down by a Reagan era judge.

It is no wonder that Obuma thinks he can get away with anything.  Dems and Republicans let this man run for President without providing meaningful documentation that he was eligible to be President.  Common sense dictates that Obuma had to mis-spend campaign contributions to hide his school records and past life.  He's spent more on legal fees that he has made from his books and he was spending the money on hiding his past before he even received big money from his publisher.  Who paid for his legal expenses?  Many suggest they were paid with campaign funds.  And what is Holder doing about all of this.  NOTHING!  Time to IMPEACH!

--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear. The traitor is the plague."

~ Marcus Tullius Cicero (42B.C)

Center for Security Policy | May 19, 2011
By Frank Gaffney, Jr.

President Obama's latest paean to what he calls "the Muslim world," delivered at the State Department today, was an exercise in whistling past the graveyard of real and growing dangers and a litany of misleading statements that borders on official malpractice.   Its most important upshot is this:  The United States is now prepared to do business with the Muslim Brotherhood.

While Mr. Obama did not use those exact words in his Muslim Outreach 2.0 speech,  that was surely the practical effect of his effusively depicting the so-called "Arab Spring" as a welcome expression of democratic sentiment throughout the region.  By so doing, he studiously ignored the reality on the ground in virtually every country in the Middle East and North Africa now undergoing political turmoil:  Islamists associated with or akin to the totalitarian, salafist Muslim Brotherhood are poised to  be the principal beneficiaries of any balloting that ultimately occurs in Egypt and Tunisia - and, perhaps in due course in, Syria, Yemen, Tunisia, Libya, Bahrain and beyond.

Mr. Obama seeks to provide the putative, newly minted "democracies" with tangible evidence of his commitment to their future success.  He declared that the United States would give up to a billion dollars in debt relief to Egypt and economic, trade and technical aid to the Egyptians and Tunisians.  Other nations stand to get similar treatment if only they replace their present autocrats with new ones - provided the latter are prepared to come to power via elections.

With such a policy, the United States stands to compound the mistake now being made in Libya - where al Qaeda operatives, former Guantanamo Bay detainees and other Islamists are already being given "non-lethal" and "humanitarian assistance" and U.S. political support.   Without knowing precisely who are likely to be the beneficiaries of such assistance, we run the very considerable risk that we will effectively be arming, as well as legitimating, our enemies.

rest of article at: http://www.centerforsecuritypolicy.org/p18724.xml
--Warph

-- Warph

Warph

ARTICLE OF IMPEACHMENT OF PRESIDENT BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA
RESOLVED, That Barack Hussein Obama, President of the United States, is impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors, and that the following article of impeachment to be exhibited to the Senate:

ARTICLE OF IMPEACHMENT EXHIBITED BY THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA IN THE NAME OF ITSELF AND OF ALL OF THE PEOPLE OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AGAINST BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, IN MAINTENANCE AND SUPPORT OF ITS IMPEACHMENT AGAINST HIM FOR HIGH CRIMES AND MISDEMEANORS IN USURPING THE EXCLUSIVE PREROGATIVE OF CONGRESS TO COMENCE WAR UNDER ARTICLE 1, SECTION 8, CLAUSE 11 OF THE CONSTITUTION.

ARTICLE I

In his conduct of the office of President of the United States, Barack Hussein Obama, in violation of his constitutional oath faithfully to execute the office of President of the United States and, to the best of his ability, preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States, and in violation of his constitutional duty to take care that the laws be faithfully executed, has usurped the exclusive power of Congress to initiate war under Article I, section 8, clause 11 of the United States Constitution by unilaterally commencing war against the Republic of Libya on March 19, 2011, declaring that Congress is powerless to constrain his conduct of the war, and claiming authority in the future to commence war unilaterally to advance whatever he ordains is in the national interest. By so doing and declaring, Barack Hussein Obama has mocked the rule of law, endangered the very existence of the Republic and the liberties of the people, and perpetrated an impeachable high crime and misdemeanor as hereinafter elaborated.

Sign the Articles of Impeachment Petition: http://www.impeachobamacampaign.com/sign-the-petition/

USURPATION OF THE WAR POWER OVER LIBYA

47. President Barack Obama's military attacks against Libya constitute acts of war.

48. Congressman J. Randy Forbes (VA-4) had the following exchange with Secretary of Defense Robert Gates during a March 31, 2011 House Armed Services Committee Hearing on the legality of the present military operation in Libya:

Congressman Forbes: Mr. Secretary, if tomorrow a foreign nation intentionally, for whatever reason, launched a Tomahawk missile into New York City, would that be considered an act of war against the United States?

Secretary Gates: Probably so.

Congressman Forbes: Then I would assume the same laws would apply if we launched a Tomahawk missile at another nation—is that also true?

Secretary Gates: You're getting into constitutional law here and I am no expert on it.

Congressman Forbes: Mr. Secretary, you're the Secretary of Defense. You ought to be an expert on what's an act of war or not. If it's an act of war to launch a Tomahawk missile on New York City would it not also be an act of war to launch a Tomahawk missile by us at another nation?

Secretary Gates: Presumably.

49. Since the passage of United Nations Security Council resolution 1973 on March 19, 2011, the United States has detonated over 200 tomahawk land attack cruise missiles and 455 precision-guided bombs on Libyan soil.

50. Libya posed no actual or imminent threat to the United States when President Obama unleashed Operation Odyssey Dawn.

51. On March 27, 2011, Secretary of Defense Robert Gates stated that Libya never posed an "actual or imminent threat to the United States." He further stated that Libya has never constituted a "vital interest" to the United States.
52. United Nations Security Council resolution 1973 directs an indefinite United States military quagmire in Libya, authorizing "all necessary measures" to protect Libyan civilians, which clearly contemplates removal by force of the murderous regime of Col. Muammar Qadhafi.

53. In a Letter From the President to the Speaker of the House of Representatives and the President Pro Tempore of the Senate sent March 21, 2011, President Barack Obama informed Members of Congress that "U.S. forces have targeted the Qadhafi regime's air defense systems, command and control structures, and other capabilities of Qadhafi's armed forces used to attack civilians and civilian populated areas. We will seek a rapid, but responsible, transition of operations to coalition, regional, or international organizations that are postured to continue activities as may be necessary to realize the objectives of U.N. Security Council Resolutions 1970 and 1973."

54. In his March 21, 2011 letter, President Barack Obama further informed Members of Congress that he opted to take unilateral military action "...in support of international efforts to protect civilians and prevent a humanitarian disaster."

55. President Barack Obama has usurped congressional authority to decide on war or peace with Libya, and has declared he will persist in additional usurpations of the congressional power to commence war whenever he decrees it would advance his idea of the national interest. On March 28, 2011, he declared to Congress and the American people: "I have made it clear that I will never hesitate to use our military swiftly, decisively, and unilaterally when necessary to defend our people, our homeland, our allies, and our core interests" (emphasis added).

56. President Obama's humanitarian justification for war in Libya establishes a threshold that would justify his initiation of warfare in scores of nations around the globe, including Iran, North Korea, Syria, Sudan, Myanmar, China, Belarus, Zimbabwe, Cuba, and Russia.

57. In Olmstead v. United States, 277 U.S. 438 (1928), Justice Louis D. Brandeis wrote on behalf of a majority of the United States Supreme Court:

Experience should teach us to be most on our guard to protect liberty when the Government's purposes are beneficent. Men born to freedom are naturally alert to repel invasion of their liberty by evil-minded rulers. The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal, well meaning but without understanding.

58. President Barack Obama has signed an order, euphemistically named a "Presidential Finding," authorizing covert U.S. government support for rebel forces seeking to oust Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi, further entangling the United States in the Libyan conflict, despite earlier promises of restraint. Truth is invariably the first casualty of war.

59. In response to questions by Members of Congress during a classified briefing on March 30, 2011, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton indicated that the President needs no Congressional authorization for his attack on the Libyan nation, and will ignore any Congressional attempt by resolution or otherwise to constrain or halt United States participation in the Libyan war.

60. On March 30, 2011, by persistent silence or otherwise, Secretary Clinton rebuffed congressional inquiries into President Obama's view of the constitutionality of the War Powers Resolution of 1973. She failed to cite a single judicial decision in support of President Obama's recent actions, relying instead on the undisclosed legal opinions of White House attorneys.

61. President Barack Obama, in flagrant violation of his constitutional oath to execute his office as President of the United States and preserve and protect the United States Constitution, has usurped the exclusive authority of Congress to authorize the initiation of war, in that on March 19, 2011 President Obama initiated an offensive military attack against the Republic of Libya without congressional authorization. In so doing, President Obama has arrested the rule of law, and saluted a vandalizing of the Constitution that will occasion ruination of the Republic, the crippling of individual liberty, and a Leviathan government unless the President is impeached by the House of Representatives and removed from office by the Senate.

In all of this, President Barack Obama has acted in a manner contrary to his trust as President and subversive of constitutional government, to the great prejudice of the cause of law and justice and to the manifest injury of the people of the United States.

http://www.impeachobamacampaign.com/articlesofimpeachment/
--Warph

-- Warph

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk