Will the World End Tomorrow, Saturday May 21st

Started by Warph, May 20, 2011, 09:15:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Diane Amberg

Wilma? Ya gonna bet on our local Fair Hill Horse? ;D I am!

Wilma

I don't know yet.  I haven't seen any with a name I like and of course they aren't showing us the horses.  I usually pick the gray one or the one whose tongue is hanging out like a dog's or the one that just looks happy and interested.  And if one of them happens to be dancing on the way to the gate, I know I have a winner.

sixdogsmom

Wilma, one year Dons' grandson was here, and we all went to the races in Eureka. His folks let him place a bet in one race and he picked a longshot because he liked the name. He won, hands down, over a hundred dollars! We should be asking the opinion of a seven year old!  ;)
Edie

Wilma

I'm ready to go, but my choice did lead for the first half of the race.

Warph

Quote from: Wilma on May 21, 2011, 10:34:14 AM
Whether I am ready or not depends on how the Preakness turns out today.  If I lose heavily, I am ready.  If I win, I won't be ready until it is all spent.

Well I hope you had Shackleford... he led all the way.

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

Wilma

Shackleford didn't lead all the way.  He took the lead about half way and held it.  The gray horse took the lead right out of the gate but couldn't hold on to it.  I usually bet on the gray unless there is one that I definitely like better.  I can't even remember his name now.

Anyway, I am waiting.

Diane Amberg

Since Animal Kingdom is from Fair Hill, just up the road from me, I backed him. As you know he came in second this time.

greatguns

I'm a winner!  Shackleford broght me the money. ;D ;D 8) 8) 8)

Diane Amberg

Hey! Or in this case is that "hay." :D Good for you Great ! He looked so nervous and antsy just before the race I thought he might fold. He was my second choice. So I had them both, but in the wrong order.
  Since we're still alive today I've got to clean house after all. ;D

thatsMRSc2u

Glad to see everybody made it to May 21 Survivor Sunday :)  even the ones in politics that make my A** itch :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk