Way to screw things up Brownback

Started by unruhj, May 15, 2011, 07:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wilma

Patriot:

Did you forget the contingency?  Prudent planners did start a discussion about what to do with a million dollars and right here on the forum.  We just didn't know at the time that a wind farm was what they were talking about.

What private company? And most of what you say needs rephrasing was taken directly from one of your posts.  My memory which I have to rely on because my computer no longer cuts and pastes, failed me on one word.

I am using 3rd party information.  Perhaps I am just interpreting it differently than you are.

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on May 18, 2011, 09:11:26 AM
Did you forget the contingency?  Prudent planners did start a discussion about what to do with a million dollars and right here on the forum.  We just didn't know at the time that a wind farm was what they were talking about.

What else didn't (don't) we know?  And, while it may seem petty to you, I notice you keep parroting the 'million dollar' line.  It's been much less than that since day one.  I wonder how many people heard the magic million dollar number, got starry eyed and put their brains in neutral (or worse park)?

What private company?

Asked and answered... many times.  Have you not been following the biggest threads the topic?

And most of what you say needs rephrasing was taken directly from one of your posts.  My memory which I have to rely on because my computer no longer cuts and pastes, failed me on one word.

I'm thinkin words are important.  Even a single missed/misplaced word can really screw up the reader and the meaning.  Maybe the local computer guru can help with the ailing computer.

I am using 3rd party information.  Perhaps I am just interpreting it differently than you are.

Or perhaps misinterpreting.  One or the other.

Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

Wilma

I use the "million dollar" liine because it defines the topic, not the exact amount that is expected. 

I take it you are referring to Elk Konnected, LLC.  LLC stands for limited liability company and does not have to be formed for profit.  Or is it the Elk Konnected that you are having a problem with?

I, too, was insistent on correct grammar, word usage and spelling until I realized the the content was more important than the correctness of the aforesaid.  Why else am I called the spelling police?

Are you admitting that you are misinterpreting much of what is being said?

flintauqua

200 MW installed nameplate capacity.  $4500 per MW in year one, increasing 2% per year.  Total comes to $22,111,300 over a twenty year period.  Why would prudent planners plan for only year one, and not the total amount?

And this nonsense about it being only $675,000 in year one; that was at 150 MW. The contract with TVA is for the whole 200MW and that is what they are building.  200 MW at $4500 in year one is $900,000.  It goes over a million in year six.
"Gloom, despair, and agony on me
Deep, dark depression, excessive misery
If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all
Gloom, despair, and agony on me"

I thought I was an Ayn Randian until I decided it wasn't in my best self-interest.

Patriot

Quote from: Wilma on May 18, 2011, 09:46:20 AM
I use the "million dollar" liine because it defines the topic, not the exact amount that is expected. 

It's also false, misleading and dare I say manipulative.

I take it you are referring to Elk Konnected, LLC.  LLC stands for limited liability company and does not have to be formed for profit.  Or is it the Elk Konnected that you are having a problem with?

Profit vs non-profit has nothing to do with the issues at hand... Government Konnections do.

I, too, was insistent on correct grammar, word usage and spelling until I realized the the content was more important than the correctness of the aforesaid.  Why else am I called the spelling police?

Grammar and word usage are critical to effective communication, though much of that seems no longer a priority in public education.  Gee, a root cause to a screwed up society perhaps?  No wonder the Constitution is being trashed by some as irrelevant in 'modern' times.  The second, fourth and tenth amendments are prime examples.

Are you admitting that you are misinterpreting much of what is being said?

No.

Patriot

Quote from: flintauqua on May 18, 2011, 09:55:22 AM
200 MW installed nameplate capacity.  $4500 per MW in year one, increasing 2% per year.  Total comes to $22,111,300 over a twenty year period.  Why would prudent planners plan for only year one, and not the total amount?

And this nonsense about it being only $675,000 in year one; that was at 150 MW. The contract with TVA is for the whole 200MW and that is what they are building.  200 MW at $4500 in year one is $900,000.  It goes over a million in year six.

Way to leave out pertinent details to justify your position.  Did you work in government at some point?
Read the damned project proposals for yourself.  We get paid on completed capacity.  Here are some details you may have missed.

1.  The project is presented in two phases.  Phase 1 = 150 Mw.  Phase 2 = 50 Mw.
2.  Only Phase 1 is scheduled for year 1.
3.  Phase 1 results in $675,000 for year 1.  $4500/Mw x 150Mw
4.  Phase 2 scheduled for year 2 or beyond and may now be in question as an 'expansion' that may not be completed under new agreements to which wind farm companies have voluntarily agreed.
5.  The project has repeatedly been promoted locally as generating over $1 million of public revenue in year one... a lie, I might add.  At best, the million dollar figure is several years out, even by your own misguided estimates.  (Saul Alinsky didn't work, so now are using Obama math & economics propaganda methods?)
6.  Local 'planners' now have this county at about $1 milliion in debt (and growing) against revenues of something like $2.4 million.  And that with the highest per capita property tax rates in the state.  Why would we believe they are capable of planning based on a 'potential' ten year cash stream?  They seem to think the American taxpayer piggy bank is free money & theirs for the taking & that big spending of other peoples money is an honorable mission.  Given the Democrat propensity to spend without end and the makeup of our leadership, I'm not surprised.

Your facts are flawed, and your analysis half fast.  It's no wonder the masses are confused.  The biggest problem with Ayn Rand's perspectives is that they take historical truths, real world economics, business sense and real human behaviors into account.  Shame on her for being so pragmatic!

srkruzich

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on May 18, 2011, 06:44:47 AM
Why bring in a big corporation when they can't get enough interested people in the jobs that they have available now???

Probably cause the jobs that are here now wouldn't feed one person much less a family.   I think its uhmmm Ebay or Google has offices down in coffeyville, wonder how they attracted them.  Imagine a IT company putting in a office here in this area, where they would produce jobs that pay 45 -60 a hour.  How would that affect this area??
Curb your politician.  We have leash laws you know.

srkruzich

Quote from: Lookatmeknow!! on May 18, 2011, 09:00:57 AM
There are some jobs available working for the wind farm. Some are only temporary, but I think with the situation of the economy, that would be better than nothing. But many around here feel that if it doesn't pay top dollar they don't want it. I was taught not to be selfish. I feel that a job is a job, and temporary is better than nothing at all. But lots of people would rather sit and draw pay from the government. >:(

Look at it from their point of view, why should they go out and work for 7.50 a hour when they make 500 a month on foodstamps, plus get subsidies for housing, and electric, and pretty much live for free.  Some even get a TANF check as well as other funds.  Shrug.  I've know folks that rake in 1800 a month off welfare, live in welfare housing, welfare food stamps, and even collect another 1200 in child support payments. where is the incentive to go work???

srkruzich

Quote from: Patriot on May 18, 2011, 10:41:59 AM
  Local 'planners' now have this county at about $1 milliion in debt (and growing) against revenues of something like $2.4 million. 

Why is elk county or any county operating on a deficit?  IF they don't have the money then shut it down.  There is no reason a county cannot operate on monies collected and in hand. 
One county i lived in the "commissioners" decided to take a surplus of funds and pave every gravel road in the county.  By the time the elections came around the county was 15 million in the red in debt. We tossed their ass out, replaced them and the state came in and told the county that they had to come up with a plan to pay off the 15 million in a 5 year plan.  So they jacked property taxes up supposedly temporarily, enacted a splost tax of .01 on purchases and knuckeled down, cut the crap out of their expenditures, cut payroll by 30%, and paid it off in 2.5 years.   Sheriff took the 1.65 a day that was going to feed inmates every day, and cut it to .80 a inmate.  Cut 1 meal out of their 3 a day.  Fed streak o lean, eggs, and cornbread for breakfast, veggies like greens, taters, and purple hull peas for dinner with cornbread.  Cut out everything to drink except water with the meals.  IF inmates wanted anything extra htey had to buy it for themselvse.  IF THEY GOT LUCKY, the cook would toss a hog jowl or some hamhocks  into the veggies.    Oh and they also served em SOS once a week. 

Cutting back is the name of the game.  BTW if ya want to drum up tourism, you gotta have themes.  The way you learn is to find what  works and imitate it.  I know two or three towns that brought back their whole counties by having festivals.  Shrug

Lookatmeknow!!

Steve, why do I or anyone else put in 12 hour days almost everyday of the week to support our families???? Because we would rather work than have you or everyone else pay our way!! I know a couple whom neither work, and the mother had the nerve to ask me why I wasn't at the school supporting my daughter during a daytime event!! It's cause I work, to support lazy people like them!!!!! Makes me so mad!!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk