I want to Thank You!

Started by Teresa, May 15, 2011, 01:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

greatguns

Janet Harrington

Let me see...I want to thank...um, I want to thank...um, I want to thank...oh, never mind.

Warph

Quote from: Janet Harrington on May 19, 2011, 08:45:25 PM
Let me see...I want to thank...um, I want to thank...um, I want to thank...oh, never mind.

LOL... me, too, Janet.  I especially want to thank Teresa and her husband for the hard work they have put into this great little forum.  And Waldo, you are right.... I have enjoyed "The Good Ol' Days."  I have learned alot about Elk Co. even tho' my family roots lie in Labette Co. (Parsons)... you know, where the Bloody Benders' come from.  You need to do a story on them, Waldo.  Very gruesome family.  Glad I'm not a Bender.  

Anyway... Keep up the good work, guys!

"Every once in a while I just have a compelling need to shoot my mouth off." 
--Warph

"If you don't have a sense of humor, you probably don't have any sense at all."
-- Warph

"A gun is like a parachute.  If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again."

W. Gray

I posted a small item on the Good Old Days concerning the Bloody Bender family.
"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Diane Amberg

So WARPH is a beet? That does explain a lot. ;D

Jane

Yes a BIG thanks to all. I would still like for someone to put all the auctions in the area on all that is needed is the name and place ,date and time. With events that are happening before it happens, not after the fact. Like what are the farmer market hours, when is the all city garage sale? Graduation was this week end and unless you knew someone that had Seniors you would not know time, date or where. I enjoy channel 2 on SKT because you can catch some of the things that are going on.
Still glad we have forum and enjoy everything on it.

Wilma

Jane, I like that idea, too.  I usually don't know about something until after the fact.  Sometimes I ask my other daughter what is going on downtown, but she hasn't heard anything or seen anything.  I don't participate in the morning coffee clutch so don't have a good source of gossip.

W. Gray

You know, I check out Channel 2 each time I come to Howard.

On one occasion, it was the only way I knew the Elk Falls Cafe, hidden south of town, was open.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Teresa

I do not have Channel 2.. ( I have satellite.. Direct TV)
If those of you who DO have it.. if you would like to post what is pertinent to our area on the announcements section.. that would be great!. Sometimes what doesn't directly effect us, we don't stop to consider that it might help or interest others..
Thanks for the garage sale information Debbie)  :)  If I can get my hinny in gear, I'd like to have one myself..just need to have more hours in a day.  :-\
Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

readyaimduck

Teresa:
If you and your husband are the moderators or instigators of this forum....I thank you!  One of these days I will scan an obit from earlier times in the appropiate section.   In the 'mean' time, I love the livid colors that this forum  brings, as well as everyone else to a discussion.  Heated, yes at times.  Honest, mostly. 
  It's all about information and webbing.  Irrespective of my viewpoint, it does work.  Ducky out
Ready ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk