I want to Thank You!

Started by Teresa, May 15, 2011, 01:35:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Teresa

Just want to give a BIG thank you to Karen Indermill , Judy Harder, Waldo Gray and Catwoman, for being the head moderators on the special boards in here. There is no way I could keep up with it all and just want you to know that I DO notice all you do and I DO appreciate it more than you know.
I also want to thank each and everyone of you who take the time to post and debate your thoughts and information. I am glad that you feel comfortable enough to care about keeping this little forum alive and interesting. Without all of that, there would be no forum which is ..in fact.. is what makes this an interesting and informative website.

Once again.. Thank you to Everyone!  :)

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History !

larryJ

And you can add my thanks, also.  These are special people and deserve a little recognition now and then.  This forum is a great place to be and it would not be the same without these people.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

Marcia Moore

I, too, would like to thank all the moderators, as they do a great job.  I would also like to thank you and Kjell, as if it weren't for the two of you there would not be such a great forum for the moderators to moderate.  Thank you all.

Ross

THANK YOU for the forum Teresa.
This is a great thing. And thanks for not being biased, that is much appreciated.

W. Gray

Thank you Teresa and the others for the kind comments concerning the moderators. And I share Marcia's comments concerning you and Kjell having made this possible.

I believe Elk County, Pennsylvania, picked up on Elk County, Kansas, and started their own forum after you folks did. It is a bigger county but the forum is not as good, not as well organized, and not well patronized. But at 35,000 people maybe it is too big.

I believe I am a totally objective forum member when I say the Good Old Days is the best category on the forum.

But as for some few of the other categories; for the past several weeks I have been constantly scratching my head in amazement wondering and trying to figure out the who, what, when, where, and why of some few posts on these other threads.

Clara Peller—if the inquisitive little lady was still around—would be emphatically yelling "where's the beef!" concerning the thoughts and goals of some members posting on other threads.

"If one of the many corrupt...county-seat contests must be taken by way of illustration, the choice of Howard County, Kansas, is ideal." Dr. Everett Dick, The Sod-House Frontier, 1854-1890.
"One of the most expensive county-seat wars in terms of time and money lost..." Dr. Homer E Socolofsky, KSU

Judy Harder

You are very welcome, Teresa. I find this place as homey as going to our local cafe.
All kinds of people, conversations, and each one has just a bit of goodness that they
share with others, then you have the pills that have everybody groaning when they
see him/her open the door and come in. You know you will be shaking your head
before they or you leave.
I guess this is kind of like ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY.
I will miss this place while gone.
Hugs and God's blessing to you all. YOU ROCK!
Today, I want to make a difference.
Here I am Lord, use me!

Roma Jean Turner

I feel the same as Judy about this Forum.  It has opened the door for me back to a place in my childhood that I always missed and felt separated from for years.  As I finish packing this week to move to Moline, I know that this Forum opened the door for this new chapter in my life.  Thanks for all your work.

frawin

Teresa, great post and I agree with you 100%, they all do a great job.. I do miss Catwoman's wit, wisdom and poetry. I also agree how much you and Kjell are appreciated, the Forum is well designed and run.  You and Kjell have brought a lot enjoyment to a lot of people. THANK YOU
Frank

Patriot

It's we who should thank you for providing such a broad venue for community discussion (oops...'conversation').... without a long drive & little group circles.  Thanks!
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

patyrn

This Forum has been such a great way for those of us who live away from the "home roots" to keep up with happenings and people's lives.  Thanks for the opportunity to keep those links active!  I enjoy doing my part by tracing down obits via the computer to help keep people informed of community losses and to help preserve genealogical connections.  A team effort from different parts of the country with people who don't even know each other is very interesting...............

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk