my apologies

Started by readyaimduck, May 07, 2011, 05:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

readyaimduck

I think as my granpa said:  "You were planting corn in a field that really wasn't yours".  Now, that being said....yes I am from Fall River.  5th generation.  My grandmother was from Severy and my granpa took his wagon to Howard to haul rock to build our bank.
I guess you could say I have some roots here in this area.  But, I am not and do not live in Howard.   :P
So, I had no right to join into a discussion full of (fill in all of the blanks you can ) on the ELK Konnected LLC stuff!
I was just trying to be an unbiased observer.
My apologies for even stepping into this sh**......or ahem, a wonderful concoction of possible production.  (well.  ok, those are my words....he would have just called it sh**! )

I will stick to the fluffy topics and leave the politcs to everyone else. 
Thank you for at least giving me some insight.
ready   

larryJ

Tis a wise decision.  I long ago decided to keep my mouth shut when it came to the politics subjects.  Partly because while my family (a great many of them) had their roots in Elk County, I am interested in what happens there.  I do not make any comments on their politics because I don't live there, I don't pay taxes there and I don't vote there.  If the subject runs toward national politics, I sometimes read them, but I would rather not show my stupidity by commenting on them.  Let the ones who know say what they know.  I am proud to say that my family came from Elk County, Kansas, and I have way too many fond memories of my times there.  I don't need to get involved in the politics there. ;)

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

readyaimduck

Thank you Larry.  Good advise.   I just find it sad.

sixdogsmom

Guys, there is no need for you to sit out on local discussions. There are several who participate in them on a regular basis that certainly are not residents of Elk county. So feel free---!
Edie

larryJ

Don't get me wrong.  I don't mean to say I wouldn't comment on something if I thought I had something to offer that would be helpful or informative, but most of the time I would rather just read and keep quiet.  Local politics, I feel, is best left to the locals.  They are the ones who live with the problems, etc., and they are the ones who will act to correct the problems, etc.

Larryj
HELP!  I'm talking and I can't shut up!

I came...  I saw...  I had NO idea what was going on...

readyaimduck

Quotebut most of the time I would rather just read and keep quiet

You sir, have patience and self control!!!!   ;)

Jo McDonald

Larry, and anyone else that is reading this.
   I, too, feel that what concerns the local people here in Elk County, needs to stay in Elk County.  That would be comparable to me commenting on any thing that was going on in the area you live in.  Personally---- I see no results in "stirring the pot" and always being on the negative side of the issue.  No matter how thin you slice bread......there is ALWAYS two sides.
  Go the meetings... have your say...but, be respectful to others.  That does not mean you have to give up your position on issues, but being calm solves more issues than temper and harsh words, spoken in haste.
  If the issue concerns you as a local...by all means, state your position.
But, if it is an ELK COUNTY issue~~~~~~Then leave it to the Elk County voters !
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

readyaimduck

Jo:   Point well taken...however  I live in a small town too, and your problems may be mine tomorrow....and I can vote here.
"what is ours will stay with ours" has always been my family's motto....and it is not ok to spread the 'dirty linen' out to see for the world. 
I was an observer with a question....and was outside my league, both in not living in the area as well as the bantering twist on a few questions that weren't answered..  Ok?   I understand that and accept that..  But one day our town, or maybe not will come to blows .

I just want to be ready for information....not what ifs, but facts.  Questions that aren't answered for what ever reason neesd to be answered by the people involved...not behind a screeen...Heck, I could even give a good commisioner speech!

Trolls are people who just stir up trouble for the action and the love of the response  DNFTT  (Do Not Feed The Trolls)

Good luck with your issue Jo

Jo McDonald

I offer you my hand in friendship -- across the cyber space. 
Our country needs good leadership and love and peace.

May we all survive the turmoil that abounds within our borders.

Have a happy week.
  Jo
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

readyaimduck

Thank you Jo.
The first thing (In the video) Mr. Blunt didn't do was shake Mr. Davey Crocketts hand when they first met.  That caused me to get angry.  Then it became clear.

I will accept your friendship in cyberspace, and that is far as it goes.  Thank you for being you.  Otherwise......

ready

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk