Take a look at the real Elk Konnected

Started by frawin, May 03, 2011, 07:11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

frawin

After watching all of the repeated trash about Elk Konnected I put in a Forum Search for Elk Konnected, just see to what had been posted about it over the past 3 years or so. If you are really interested do the same and you will see all of the good it has done for every community in Elk County, most important to me was what it had done to benefit the young people of Elk County. Liz, I hope you will ignore the negative posts that have been made and concentrate on all of the appreciation that so many people have for what you and Elk Konnected have accomplished.

Jo McDonald

You are correct, Frank.
But you know  there are some people that always see the glass as half empty.
Most often envious of others that have ambition and also have a glass that is half full.

They are to be pitied -- and often times, best to be ignored.
IT'S NOT WHAT YOU GATHER, BUT WHAT YOU SCATTER....
THAT TELLS WHAT KIND OF LIFE YOU HAVE LIVED!

Lookatmeknow!!

I totally agree with you both on this one. There are so many like Liz who work hard for the community and without as much as a Thank You!! I for one couldn't do as much as they do and I greatly appreciate it!!
Love everyday like it's your last on earth!!

Roma Jean Turner

There is a saying..Some people aren't happy untill they find something to be unhappy about.  Some people seem to work real hard at trying to find it.  In 3 weeks I'll be moved to MOline looking for happy things.  HA HA

frawin

I need to add, THANK YOU to all of the people involved in Elk Konnected. Liz would not want all of the many volunteers left out.

mayflower

Thanks sooooo much for the support!  We can't do all the things we do for the people of the Elk Konnected community without people like you supporting us as we go!  All of us keep reading how bad we are, and it is hard to keep our chins up and keep on keeping on; but with friends and neighbors like you........we can do it!!! 

STAY WITH US AS WE GROW!!!!!

frawin

Whoops, someone e-mailed me and told me not to forget a big thank you to all of the people that had made donations to such a worthwhile cause, THANK YOU.

redcliffsw

Was there an involuntary contribution in the form of a government grant?

frawin

Quote from: redcliffsw on May 03, 2011, 09:48:05 AM
Was there an involuntary contribution in the form of a government grant?

Red, with all due respect, my answer is I DON"T KNOW AND REALLY DON"T CARE. Red, I have agreed wIth you many times,but   on this one I am tired of the negative petty comments from people who reaLLY DON'T KNOW IF WHAT THEY ARE SAYING IS TRUE OR NOT. I know that Elk Konnected has done lots of good and is good for Elk County.

Patriot

frawin, in one regard I think you're right... EK has done some good things in this county.  But 'not caring' about indiscretion or inappropriate action may not be a good choice.  Looking at the negatives, with an eye toward improving them, would be healthy, wouldn't it?  Small problems, left unchecked, can become big problems.  If we want a clean (as in improved) county, then shouldn't the mop be clean as well?  Expediency (the quick and easy way) for the sake of a greater good  doesn't always make a solid foundation.

I constantly hear how we got this grant or that grant and how those things are 'free money' for our use.  There's no free lunch and that money isn't free.  I was always taught that people appreciate things more when they had to exercise the discipline earn it.  If the local needs were being voluntarily supported financially and not through taxation or grant (which usually comes from somebody' taxes), I think the results would be that much more appreciated.
Conservative to the Core!
Gun control means never having to fire twice.
Social engineering, left OR right usually ends in a train wreck.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk